This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course its all my fault. I'm not a wage slave or anything

So to recap: New job at Her Royal Highness of Milk Products. I hate it. A lot. Here is a tale from last nights shift.

SK= The one the only the stunningly bored moi.
    SL1= sucky lady 1
    SL2= sucky lady 2. friend of sucky lady 1

so these two women come up to my counter, I do my spiel and ask what they'd like. SL1 throws a coupon in my face for one free sundae when you buy one. Simple, easy, no problem, done them all the time. Now what you have to understand is I need to follow a recipe given unto us peons by the almighty corporate. Deviations from this recipe are extra charges. Things like extra toppings, nuts or whipped cream are all extra charges. This is easy to understand, it is explained in the beginning of the transaction that a sundae only comes with the ice cream and syrup of your choice. That's it.

They order their sundaes. Both demand nuts, whipped cream, extra syrup (since what was on their originally was a pathetic amount and a rip off, their words not mine) Their total comes to a bit over $5.

SL1: Excuse me but you've done that math wrong. A medium sundae is only $2.49 and the second is free. you forgot my coupon!

SK= no ma'am I didn't. I applied the coupon which took off the price of one of the basic sundaes. I apologize but, as was explained, the toppings are extra.

SL1: That's unacceptable! My coupon said buy one get one free it said nothing about toppings being extra! There's no sign out here that says they're extra! I don't believe this!

SK: Ma'am I explained this to you before making your sundaes and you agreed to it.

SL2: We did no such thing you stupid bitch! you did this wrong!

SK: I'm sorry there's nothing I can do. Now if you'd kindly pay for the two sundae's you've both started eating while waiting for your totals I won't be forced to call to have you removed from the property.

SL1: I don't fucking believe this! This is a fucking rip off and false advertising!

SL2: We're never eating here again and its all your god damned fault you over charging cow!

(They hand me the money and I can't resist the parting shot)

SK: Ma'am, I'm not the one who can't eat ice cream without it first being slathered in chocolate, nuts and whipped cream, I'm also not the one who feels the need to curse at someone for doing their job and not risking their employment so a couple of rude entitled old biddies can save money and feel important. Have a nice night.

No I didn't get fired sadly. My manager wasn't there. The old women left in a huff without demanding to speak to a manager and upon seeing the tape (with audio 'cause we're fancy like that) my manager actually laughed since I said it all with a 'fuck you bitch' smile.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Awesome! Both your response and your managers!
    "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
      My coupon said buy one get one free it said nothing about toppings being extra!
      I'm gonna assume the coupon in fact said exactly that. You didn't make them read it?
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

While I'm not siding with them, isn't a standard sundae ice cream, syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry (with or without nuts)? 3$ for ice cream and syrup :\ No justification for their behavior, of course. I'd bet money it said it on the coupon that toppings are additional.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

For a $2.50 I would expect at least whipped cream, but I wouldn't go ape-shit on the cashier if it didn't. Some people need to get a life.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Well...I'd bet that it says "toppings are extra" either on the menu, or the signage, PLUS, SK said it to them, so it really doesn't matter what the coupon says ^_^

That, and it's common se---....ah. I see the problem
            Last edited by EricKei; 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM. Reason: do...so....close enough...right?...right? ^_^;>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

while I agree with the people who argue that a standard sundae should at the very least come with whipped cream according to our corporate headquarters it doesn't. That and we're supposed to ask if they want any whipped cream or nuts before informing them that those are extra charges. I do it the other way around since asking if they want it then telling them to pay an extra 35 cents each after doesn't seem fair to me.
              Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

All that over some extra toppings! They should have saved the calories and the $ and eaten them as is!

Glad you have a cool manager!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I went to a local Queen of Dairy to see if we could get the buy-one-get-one promotion, and they said they weren't going by that (after already taking our order).

Comment

Probably because usually the store sends the coupon to corporate to get reimbursed, and some franchises can't/won't do that and therefore don't feel like giving out free product.

Comment

Don't know where you live but having two ice cream treats for around $5, even with a coupon and extra toppings, is cheap. Most places that I've seen/been into have one small treat for $5.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I can get a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for about $5 at the local Safeway. Cherry Garcia ... mmmmm.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Now that was some awesome pwnage on those two sucky ladies!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                          X