This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste My Time, Why Don't You...

Had a customer come in with his grandmother/mother today to act as translator.

In short, my time was wasted as the woman put in her PIN number no less than six times, each time either putting it in wrong, or her account just plain didn't have the money in it.

"Ok, so we'll just get the bread."

Ok, so I void out the sale, taking an extra couple minutes because the managers were busy. Turns out the guy and grand/mother didn't have enough on them or in the account to buy one loaf of bread. So they bought nothing.

Total amount of time wasted: 15 minutes. RRRRRRRRR!

Luckily it was near the end of my shift; I always have more patience when I know I'm going home soon.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

If she entered her pin six times, it probably locked her out. I think debit card around here gives you four chances before it freezes the account. Then it takes either 24 hours or a customer call to the bank to unfreeze the account. And no, it doesn't make you a big bad evil retail person for not taking their card after it freezes (I've heard that argument before!)
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

You know, if they really didn't have enough money for a loaf of bread, I feel sorry for them It's not easy being poor. Trust me, I've been there.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        You know, if they really didn't have enough money for a loaf of bread, I feel sorry for them It's not easy being poor. Trust me, I've been there.
        I certainly don't think ralerin was berating these folks for not having money, just the time that was wasted because they didn't have any money. I'm sure we've all been in situations where we could have used some extra bucks, myself included.
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

@ShootMePlease: No, no, if I had had a few extra bucks I would've gotten it for them. But I didn't.

Also: *kablam!* >_>
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X