This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part sucky customer part sighting

Visitor Parking was reserved today for 2 different events. There was also GED testing, but there were no reserved parking spots on the event list for anyone going to testing services to take any placement test.

Sucky customer:

While I was walking through the faculty/staff garage I saw a car waiting by the
    Visitor parking booth. After I clocked in the customer drove around to the window. The full sign was on. I had not had time to put the big white sign stating Visitor Parking is closed for a special event in front of the 2 gates in front of the booth. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    female customer with an attitude: "I am here to take a test at 7 a.m. "
    It was 7 a.m.
    me: "I understand you are here to take a test, but the full sign is on because the lot is closed for an event, & I am not allowed to overrule that sign for anyone."
    female customer with an attitude: "So where do I park at?"

I give her several options.

female customer with an attitude: "Can you give me change for a five?"
    me: "I am sorry, but I do not get change."
    female customer with an attitude: "So where do I park at?"
    I repeat the same options I told her earlier.
    female customer with an attitude: "But I do not have change to park there."
    me: "I am sorry, but all I can do is to direct you to those lots."
    female customer with an attitude *is now frustrated*:" Well..I guess I won't take my test today."

She leaves.

Sighting:
    "Nancy" from the Parking office calls me to let me know there is a reservation on the Outlook calendar for someone going to IT today at 2:30 p.m. & that Visitor Parking is closed until 12:30 p.m. I asked her if someone pressed the callbox at the entrance gate to Visitor Parking before I got to dispatch at 10 minutes to 7 a.m. (to pick up the keys to the booth) & told campus police they were here to take a test. She told me someone stopped by campus police & asked them if they any change since she was not able to park in Visitor Parking. They told her she could not park in Visitor Parking because it was closed for an event. They did give her other parking options.

I get to dispatch 10 minutes before my shift begins when I know the lot is reserved for a reason....so I do not have to deal with frustrated, angry, sucky customers before my shift begins.

So based on this information & the fact that she had an attitude at the start I wondered if the person who came to dispatch, asked for change, was told she could not park due to the reserved event event, & was given other parking options was the sucky customer.

I cannot overrule campus police or the parking office. She could not park.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM.

She became mad when campus police told her she could not park

Comment

Working...
    X