This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    why would you pay to park in an apartment complex (from what it sounds like)? Let alone $150 a month! I honestly don't get it. Why?
    Because if the apartment complex is inside the transit boundary/close to the downtown core then you've just saved a heck of a lot of money on a regular parking pass. Or perhaps your apartment doesn't have parking available.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
      Because if the apartment complex is inside the transit boundary/close to the downtown core then you've just saved a heck of a lot of money on a regular parking pass. Or perhaps your apartment doesn't have parking available.
      Wouldn't people who regularly rent out spots be more legally aware though? I would think (re: NYC or something similar) people have contracts for this type of thing, stating they can legally park there with the tenant as well as the property management. I would rent out my spot. My spot is no where near my apartment.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        Also, why would you pay to park in an apartment complex (from what it sounds like)? Let alone $150 a month! I honestly don't get it. Why?
        There are many areas where parking is scarce and/or at a premium, so some people will pay to park in a specific place, either for security or convenience reasons. This is common in urban downtown areas, or any place where you have a lot of everything except parking. Downtown Key West comes to mind, actually. (I often pay $5-10 a day to park close to work, especially if I am running late. Free parking is never closer than 2-4 blocks away, and if I'm running late....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X