This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure I know how to do my job

I've been at my store 6 years. Everything I do is for a reason. So this SC kept criticizing me as I was scanning her daughter's stuff. First, the 1 1/2 seconds it took me to find the barcode wasn't fast enough. I could've punched it in, but that'd take longer. Then, I had two sets of bowls in different colors. One scanned, other didn't have a sticker. I barely got a chance to look for it when she piped up, "Why don't you just use the code on the blue ones??" Um, because different colors often have different #s, not that I need to explain myself. I admit I was glad when one of their items was on manufacturer recall and I couldn't sell it to them. I was just so incensed at being second-guessed throught the whole thing, when I take time to do it right.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 06-27-2010, 02:01 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    "Why don't you just use the code on the blue ones??"
    "Because when you come back to return the red ones they won't be listed on the receipt. I thought I'd do you a favor and do my job correctly but I can do it your way too. At least I'll get a laugh when they refuse your return and kick out of the store for causing a scene."

Comment

What you really did was save your store a 50 dollar gift card. Now she'll have to come up with another reason to scam your store.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Does no one know how inventory works? Before I even worked in retail I knew about inventory and why blue bowl =/= red bowl.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          Does no one know how inventory works? Before I even worked in retail I knew about inventory and why blue bowl =/= red bowl.
          My short explanation to customers is along the lines of "We need to scan each individual flavour, otherwise we'll get 10 boxes of the Fluffy Dog Chow in Princess Pork instead of the 10 boxes of the Fluffy Dog Chow in Butch Beef"
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Let me guess, she was "in a hurry".
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Let me guess, she was "in a hurry".
              But never in too much of a hurry to bitch about you to the store manager.

Comment

Heck I know three year olds that know why red =/= blue. I know, I know different concept, but it works
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X