This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    I'll also disagree with you Mishi. I've actually had waitstaff get annoyed when dishes were stacked - to them, it's a sign that you don't feel they're clearing up fast enough, and it can actually be perceived as an insult. I will absolutely pass plates over to make things easier, especially if I'm seated in a booth.
    Oh . I try to do that to make it easier. I do it at Chinese food buffets where they come around and take your plates, where people usually leave a damn mess and don't tip (this infuriates me).

Comment

I gotta ask: do you ever get the jerks who think whistling loudly will instantly summon you, especially while dealing with a laundry list of drink orders? The bar staff where I work has to put up with that every weekend.
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
        ... do you ever get the jerks who think whistling loudly will instantly summon you ...
        Maybe the next time they whistle for you, you should bring them a bowl of water "for the dog they were calling."
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
          I gotta ask: do you ever get the jerks who think whistling loudly will instantly summon you, especially while dealing with a laundry list of drink orders? The bar staff where I work has to put up with that every weekend.
          We are fortunate in that we don't really get the whistlers. At least, I can't remember one. The only whistling I've seen at The Bar is during sporting events, and that's a whole different thing, since they are not whistling to summon the bartender or server, but just making noise.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Maybe the next time they whistle for you, you should bring them a bowl of water "for the dog they were calling."
          Someone whistles for me, they aren't even getting water, for they will die of thirst before I serve their self-important asses.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X