This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few from the summer thus far

I get SCs at work and I keep telling myself to post these stories, but I always forget! So, I have a couple to tell.

Bitchy Dia-beetus Lady

So a lady comes through Drive Thru (DT).

Me= Who else?
    BDL= the SC

*BEEP*

Me: *opening spiel*
    BDL: Large unsweet tea with a lemon and *insert other food here*
    Me: *thinking that I missed something* "Is everything on your screen correct?
    BDL: Yes.

That is important. So, the rest of the transaction goes on normally and she departs. Minutes later, she storms in to the Front Counter (FC)

BDL: "IT'S BEEN EVERY DAY THIS WEEK! I ASK FOR A LARGE UNSWEET TEA WITH LEMON AND SIX EQUAL AND I NEVER GET THE EQUAL!"
    Me: *Knowing that she screwed up and not me because she confirmed that everything was correct, but not wanting to put up with crap* "I can remake it for you if you would like,ma'am."
    BDL: "JUST GIVE ME THE EQUAL! SIX OF THEM!"
    Me: *I hand her the equal*
    BDL:*Proceeds to open the equal and fling it everywhere as she puts it in. She leaves the Equal packets ont he counter, on the floor, and throws them everywhere. She mixes her drink, but splashes large amounts on my counter. When she is done making a scene, she storms out of there*
    Me: "Have a nice day!"

After that, I was talking to a coworker about the incident.

Me: "I was about to say 'make more of a mess and I will take your hand off,'"
    CW: "She might lose her hand anyway. She has diabetes."

As if that makes me feel sorry for her and makes me feel bad for what I said. I have a grandfather with diabetes and he would not put on a scene like that. Having a disease does not excuse someone from common courtesy.

Someone needs to take a chill pill
    This is a mixture of Sucky Customer and Cursing Out Coworkers

So today, I was working FC. There were two people in DT and two people in Grill, plus a manager up front. In the grill area, one person was making sandwiches and calling out for food that they needed and the other person was completely ignoring the call outs. We ran out of food quite a few times before I was switched to Grill. Before my transfer, this occurred.

We ran out of McSkillet Mix, so we had to pull a DT customer forward. Unfortunately, the wait was about four minutes, not even. So, the mix was done, the food was made (fresh btw. Everything was fresh! We even gave him a hash brown that JUST came up to make it up to him), and I was sent out to hand him the food.

Me: "Sorry about the wait. Everything is really hot so be careful."
    SC:"Yeah." *snatches the bag from me, throws the bag into the passenger seat, and takes off, but not before squealing his tires.*

I walked back in.

"Oh my gosh. People really need to take a chill pill! May I recommend Prozac or more sex?"

My coworkers busted out laughing because they heard the tires squeal from inside.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
    IHaving a disease does not excuse someone from common courtesy.
    Amen! SC's come in all shapes, sizes, and conditions. It's not like you knew she was diabetic before acting like a total bitch to you. You were complaining about her suckiness not her disease.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Amen! SC's come in all shapes, sizes, and conditions. It's not like you knew she was diabetic before acting like a total bitch to you. You were complaining about her suckiness not her disease.
      Diabetes can cause mood swings, and sometimes irrational behaviour. But no it doesn't excuse their behaviour one bit.

Comment

"Oh my gosh. People really need to take a chill pill! May I recommend Prozac or more sex?"
        Guess which one I'd go for.

I'll give you a hint: It's the one the SC will not be getting anytime soon.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow. Yeah, illness does not excuse that sort of thing. And *if* something that she has had long term causes her mood swings, she should at least be aware enough of it by now to know and apologize afterwards. Sounds like such a lovely woman.

Comment

From what I hear, she's this way all the time. Every time she has come in after that incident, she has been like that. I can forgive a sudden outburst because everyone has a bad day, especially with diabetes, since I see my grandfather living with this disease everyday. However, being a bitch to people just to be a bitch, not cool, even to this bitch
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Guess which one I'd go for.

I'll give you a hint: It's the one the SC will not be getting anytime soon.
              As long as you're not going for the 220 volts, then it's a great thing.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
                Diabetes can cause mood swings, and sometimes irrational behaviour. But no it doesn't excuse their behaviour one bit.
                My Implanon AND the medication I'm on for my depression and anxiety can cause mood swings as well. But I don't use it as an excuse to be a bit of a female dog.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Unfortunately for many people that's an either-or choice, due to one particularly nasty side effect of the SSRIs. (And yes, it hits women just as hard as men, even if it's not as visually obvious to the other partner that there's a problem.)

Me: "I was about to say 'make more of a mess and I will take your hand off,'"
                  CW: "She might lose her hand anyway. She has diabetes."

As if that makes me feel sorry for her and makes me feel bad for what I said. I have a grandfather with diabetes and he would not put on a scene like that. Having a disease does not excuse someone from common courtesy.
                  Mm, dunno, I didn't read it that way, more like a "She'll get hers, don't you worry." kind of thing. Karma's a bitch and she has a long memory.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    Unfortunately for many people that's an either-or choice, due to one particularly nasty side effect of the SSRIs. (And yes, it hits women just as hard as men, even if it's not as visually obvious to the other partner that there's a problem.)
                    That's true. That's the reason why I'm currently on moclobemide, which is a subtype of a MAOI called a RIMA (basically the reversible one, meaning that I don't have to modify my diet)
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

What a cow. What was her deal? Damn, if my order gets messed up more than once, I make double damn sure that I stress it the next time.

"And I want 6 Equals in the tea, please. Last time, I must have forgotten to mention it, they didn't make it into the cup. I like my tea sweet and calorie free, ha!"

You know, awesome, like that. Not being a bastard. How does somebody allow their order to get fucked everyday for a week?

Also, holy crap, you know what I just noticed? She ate at McWhatever everyday for a week. Whut. Aren't you supposed to eat healthy, especially when you have Diabetes?!

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
                        usually that happens when the blood sugar is low (YMMV) so she needed a Sweet Tea
                        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Yes, that's right. If her diabetes was, in fact, accurate, then she would have been hypoglycemic. I know that because it sometimes happens to me. So she would have needed food, quickly, and protien, not merely sugar.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Having a disease does not excuse someone from common courtesy.
                            QFT. Since I have celiac disease I can no longer eat at most fast food restaurants, even "Mexican Bell" ( !!!). It pisses me off, but there's nothing I can do about it except not frequent those places or find an alternative; ie, salad. And lots of it. Would I go in and make a scene about "ragh ragh ragh your restaurant is so insensitive for not catering to celiac people I hate you guys screw you with a rusty icepick!" No.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

The Diuh-beetus SC sure made an ass outta herself, the other dude definitely needs some, but I think the next time he gets any is when hell freezes over.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X