This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highways of Hell Pt. 2

*phew!* First week done. What a hell of a week! Mostly stupid people, but alot to do with a co-worker, which I will place in the appropriate forum. Onwards then!

Bat of Hell 4: Bat's Revenge
    Normally, I am ok with motorcycles. Never ridden one before, unless you count a moped, but when I work, they annoy me to no end. They will usually wait until they're almost parallel with me and rev the engine to where it makes me jump because I can't usually hear anything above the loud whine and smack of my weed whacker. They of course laugh heartily as they continue on.

NOT A Landscaping Buisness
    I can't count how many times in last week that people haeve pulled over and started talking to my SUPs about prices for landscaping. The side of the truck says state transpo. dept., not "Mike's Mowing Service"! No, we will not come and clean up your lawn. No matter how much you pay us. It's against the law for us to mess with anything aside from the state routes. No no no no, a thousand times no, now move out of the way, you're blocking traffic!

Pop Bomb
    Car full of high school kids flies by. I ignore it until I feel something hit my back. I turn off the whacker and realize it was a Speedway cup, full of god knows what, which is now all over my back. GRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTT! It's only about 9:30 in the morning. I don't get off till 3:30pm. Yay me.

Ticks G'lore!
    Lately, we've been out and about in the country, hitting those gaurdrails that no one really realizes are there. They are usually located right next to a weed infested river or creek or a patch woods, which means TICKS. I haven't gotten any yet, but my CW A has had three so far. So, keeping an eye out for that, along with a lot of bug spray.

Allergies Suck
    I have never had an allergy to anything except Vicodin in my whole life. Then, I start whacking random types of grass and weeds and now I'm hacking and my nose is stuffed all the time. Great time for those allergies to start. *bangs head* So, I guess i'm gonna be hyped up on benadryl at work from now on. Good thing I don't drive!

Random Happenings
    - No, you can't just "ride along" in the bed. It's full of very heavy metal signs, not to mention it would be a liability and it's illegal in this state for anyone under 16 to ride in the bed, so quit asking.
    - Dido for dumb bikers who ask as well.
    - No, we don't know if there is construction in county a hundred miles away. We deal with this county and this county alone. That county isn't even our district for god's sake!
    - No, you can not use the whacker. Again, liability reasons. Not to mention you smell like cheap beer at 10:30 in the morning. You need help.
    -High water does not mean that the water smoked pot. It means it's high enough that if you try driving through it in your tiny honda, you may.....stall it. *sigh*
    - No, we are not responsible to pull you out once you do stall it, because it was your dumbass fault for not heeding the warnings that the signs were brightly proclaiming
    -Seriously, stop acting like you're going to hit us. That scares the crap out of us and we could get hurt. I really don't feel like being another little marker out in the worker's memorial site next to the HR building!

I just got to remember, I have a job. Most people don't these days. I was lucky. I must not complain......too much anyway
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Regarding the first story, I believe a quote from J2K's post is perfect in this situation:

"Rev that engine louder, I can't hear how small your dick is!"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I believe throwing objects from a moving vehicle and hitting someone is a felony. Try to get the tag number!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Having a job doesn't mean you can't complain about it.

Comment

I'm still flabbergasted that people try to hit you with trash. Assholes.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I use to see a tractor with two arms, one had a mower and the other a weed wacker, going along the road removing weeds. This year it seems they have people out there doing it like you. Wonder what changed? Seems it would be cheaper, faster, and safer for the machine and one guy to do it....

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
              Regarding the first story, I believe a quote from J2K's post is perfect in this situation:

"Rev that engine louder, I can't hear how small your dick is!"
              I was actually thinking of the same thing.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
                Ticks G'lore!
                Lately, we've been out and about in the country, hitting those gaurdrails that no one really realizes are there. They are usually located right next to a weed infested river or creek or a patch woods, which means TICKS. I haven't gotten any yet, but my CW A has had three so far. So, keeping an eye out for that, along with a lot of bug spray.
                I've heard from several sources that the ticks are really bad this year. If you or your coworkers get (more) ticks, it might be worth it to hang onto the little suckers in an alcohol filled medicine bottle. Just incase someone gets sick.

Use rubbing alcohol, though. Not booze.

Quoth Tithera View Post
                Allergies Suck
                I have never had an allergy to anything except Vicodin in my whole life. Then, I start whacking random types of grass and weeds and now I'm hacking and my nose is stuffed all the time. Great time for those allergies to start. *bangs head* So, I guess i'm gonna be hyped up on benadryl at work from now on. Good thing I don't drive!
                Welcome to Club Sniffles. If you're really nice to me, I've got Drixoral stashed away in a super secret location. That stuff works wonders on allergies and I don't feel quite as loopy when I take it.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

My nephew here in Virginia actually was diagnosed with Lymes Disease this year. So be careful and definitely hold onto those little suckers like jedimaster 91 said!

Comment

Yes, be very careful of ticks.

Check yourself all over, religiously and frequently. If you find a tick, get it off as soon as you can. If you get a lesion at the site of a tick bite, GO DIRECTLY TO THE DOCTOR.

I can't emphasize this enough. A tick-bourne illness really screwed up my life. As in, I'm still having neurological difficulties ten years later.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
                      -High water does not mean that the water smoked pot.
                      That is one of my favorite quotes from this site!

Be careful with the ticks, but I don't know that saving the ticks would help. Most people get Lyme disease and other similar stuff from ticks that are too small to see, and they've got blood tests for that sort of stuff. I never even knew I'd been bitten when they diagnosed me with Lyme disease.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                        Be careful with the ticks, but I don't know that saving the ticks would help.
                        I just spent a week camping with a youth group in the woods and the camp nurse saved ticks she pulled off the girls in case someone turns up later with Lyme disease. *shrug* Couldn't hurt really, although I half agree with you that I'm not sure what "they" do with a tick you've saved.

Incidentally, why oh why would you go camping in the middle of the woods and NOT bring bug spray, a hat, and sunblock? Silly girls. I spent the week basted in bug spray mostly to avoid the 'skeeters, but it works for ticks as well. Still, my 85 SPF sunblock didn't save my poor shoulders from roasting. Maybe I missed them?
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                          That is one of my favorite quotes from this site!

Be careful with the ticks, but I don't know that saving the ticks would help. Most people get Lyme disease and other similar stuff from ticks that are too small to see, and they've got blood tests for that sort of stuff. I never even knew I'd been bitten when they diagnosed me with Lyme disease.
                          Every time I hear anything about Lyme disease, I can't help but think about Joan of Arcadia.

Remember that show?

...Did you see various incarnations of god when you had it?

DD

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
                            Every time I hear anything about Lyme disease, I can't help but think about Joan of Arcadia.
                            Ok, I never followed it that closely. So it turned out that she had Lyme disease? I do remember the one episode where she didn't realise someone was a creeper, but never anything else that suggested it was all in her mind. Interesting...

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
                              ...Did you see various incarnations of god when you had it?
                              LOL, no. I was too busy puking my guts out and going crazy from being stuck in the hospital for 4 days. I guess nausea is not a normal symptom of Lyme disease, so it took them a while to figure out what was wrong with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X