This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great role model

Been a while since I was in the service, and I was just remembering one particular incident I dealt with while posted at the front gate.

The local gas stations had figured out that the local cops couldn't possibly catch all the drunks, but for some reason said drunks always asked for directions. Guess where they were directed. Since we happen to be law enforcement as well as security, anyone too drunk to not give themselves away got sent to us.

This particular story that I remember was fun, simply because of the story he gave while we were processing his intoxicated butt.

He was looking for a hotel at the south end of town, having finished visiting his girlfriend at one closer to us. The reason he was looking for that other hotel, was because he was a high school basketball coach, on his way to check on the team to make sure they were obeying all the rules set down for them for away games.

Never did find out what school team or how they did at the game though.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

to .

I like how the gas station worked that out. It worries me that people will get drunk enough to fall for something like that, and still be driving. Or, say, drunk and decide to go check on the behaviour of teenagers.

Comment

Welcome to the boards.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Welcome!

I've got the brain bleach, EvilQueen's got the cookies, Jester's got the beer and Whiskey's got the whiskey. Milk's there, other refreshments are here.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
        X