This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Email

Sending out shipments everyday is alot of work, and sometimes there are mistakes. this one mistake was stupid (not me being stupid but just a silly mistake). This guys email is his first initial and his last name, like iSmith@hurhur.com. well I accidently wrote rsmith@hurhur.com. now, this normally isn't a big deal, especially since the guy who ordered it is getting the package the very next day, but apparently the other email "rsmith" exsists and he called us to ask what was going on.

Simple answer right? tell the guy the email was wrong, sorry for the mix up, don't worry about it. but no... this guy wants a fight. so what does he do? he hunts down the ismith guys phone number and address and proceeds to call him and complain to him about getting an email... he got ONE FRIGGEN EMAIL from us saying a package was on the way. the address isn't his, the name isn't his, but he yells at ismith asking why he is sending him shit...

So in turn my boss comes over to double check, again, the address to make sure the crazy guy is just being crazy. turns out he was being crazy, but after checking what ismiths address says he proceeds to berrate me about a mess up on the address. what mess up? I didn't capitalize the R in "rd".... yes, apparently that doesn't look professional. even though once it's printed the UPS label makes it all caps anyway. really? Rd is mroe professional than rd? what difference does that make.

Regardless of that dumb comment the guy got his package this morning, but this rsmith guy is still being a pain... why? why does he even care!?

He's been angry about something for years and y'all inadvertently provided some fodder?

HE NOW HAS A MISSION!!!!!!!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

This kind of idiocy is why I don't sell on eBay anymore. I sold two pairs of new earrings to two different buyers. I accidently switched the packages. SC writes, having a written s**tfit about me screwing up the order. I offer to reimburse her to return the package as the other buyer still wants the earrings and is willing to ship back the package, for which I will pay. I'm even willing to refund all the money and send the earrings for free.

But, no, this was not good enough. Apparently, I was supposed to crawl 1,500 miles on my knees to the SC's home to apologize in person for the hideous mixup. After several emails, SC tells me she threw the earrings away and does not want the other earrings because SC doesn't know if the other buyer tried them on. She then threatens to complain to eBay. I told her to go ahead (this was when eBay still treated sellers halfway decently), that I had all the emails, including the one that stated that she threw away someone else's property.

She shut up. The other buyer kept the earrings she got. I refunded everyone's money, and only sold a couple of collectibles after that.

BTW, the grand total of the cost of the earrings and shipping was about $10. Yeah, freakin' end of the world hissy fit over $10.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I get the same crazy attitudes when I request information from sellers on Craigslist.

Me: {email titled "'Name of Item' Listed on Craigslist"} "Hi! Do you still have this for sale? If so, I'm interested and would like to arrange to see it. Respectfully, EvilE
        Crazy Seller: {USUALLY IN ALL CAPS!!!11!ELEVENTY!!1} Why do you people keep bothering me!!! I sold the damn thing within an hour!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! Blarghatyblarggleblargg!!!
        Me: {right after blocking the seller's email address} Do yourself a favor and 1) delete the post off Craigslist then 2) take some damn Xanax.

Apparently, EvilEmpryss Incorporated has expanded again, and we now qualify as "people".
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I think "street" is more professional than "road".

Comment

Your placement of the full stop outside of the quotation mark is unprofessional rawrblargle

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
              Your placement of the full stop outside of the quotation mark is unprofessional rawrblargle
              It should be outside, shouldn't it? I was emphasising a word, not quoting a sentence.

Oh, gods, no, don't tell me I made a grammatical error.

Comment

I was just teasing. :P
                Following logical quoting, it would be outside, yes.

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                  Whew. I was afraid I would have to do some compulsive googling for a moment, there.

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
                    I think "street" is more professional than "road".
                    On one route I used to deliver there was

Douglas Ave
                    Douglas Circle
                    Douglas Street
                    Douglas Road

Some of them shared numbers, so if some one thought it should be Rd rather then St it could delay delivery of the mail piece or have the piece sent back as Unknown.

Comment

Quoth Mottom24 View Post
                      So in turn my boss comes over to double check, again, the address to make sure the crazy guy is just being crazy. turns out he was being crazy, but after checking what ismiths address says he proceeds to berrate me about a mess up on the address. what mess up? I didn't capitalize the R in "rd".... yes, apparently that doesn't look professional. even though once it's printed the UPS label makes it all caps anyway. really? Rd is mroe professional than rd? what difference does that make.
                      Capitalising email addresses certainly is not more "professional". In fact all lowercase is better since there's less of chance of confusion over letters (capital I vs lowercase l for instance).

Capitalisation is ignored by mail servers but if someone sends to an address using some capitals it gets saved that way in the logs. Not a big deal, but it's a mild annoyance if you're searching through logs and they are by default treated case sensitively! All these silly little things are what make sys admins such grumpy bastards...and I'm sticking with that excuse...
                      Don't just do something...sit there!

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                        Not in the U.S. It's always on the outside, no matter what. (I have to proof legal documents.)
                        Document everything

Comment

tho part of me says....

rsmith isn't your customer
                          tell him to fuck off

tho i'm betting the boss won't like that idea

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            Not in the U.S. It's always on the outside, no matter what. (I have to proof legal documents.)
                            Are you saying that is always the case or are you saing that is the case when there are quotes around a word as was the case with "road"? Becuase I have been taught by many teacher/professors/whatever that if you are writing dialogue then the punctuation should be inside the quotation marks, and that is also how it is in all of the books that I have ever read. Something tells me that this does not really matter in your job as legal documents don't have much dialogue but for those of us who write creativly it is something that is used rather frequently.

Comment

That may be your professor, but the quotes go on the outside. If you're quoting inside a sentence, then you only put quotes around the actual quote. But if you're quoting or speaking to the end of the sentence, you put it outside the punctuation. If you have a list of quoted terms, it should read like this:

The references to "this company," "this president," "this CEO," and "this executive" in this document are as defined in Exhibit B, attached hereto.
                              Document everything

Comment

Working...
                              X