X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I pushed "YES" twice & I don't want cashback!!"

We were in the breakroom when this was told to us by one of the cashiers:

It seems this member was checking out & used a Discover Card to pay for his stuff. So when the cashier gave him his $20 cashback he went ballistic. He screamed.."I PRESSED YES TWICE & GOT MONEY BACK!! I DIDN'T WANT CASHBACK!!"
    She asked him if he didn't want cashback why did he press "YES" twice? He said he didn't see it on his screen. So he said he wasn't going to take the $20 & then left in an angry cloud of curse words!
    Management tried to fix the situation but with no luck. So there's now a $20 bill tacked up in the coaches office.
    I'll take it!!...lol!

What do you want to bet he'll be back later ranting about the $20 the cashier stole from him?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Uhm... I can understand if he's worried about the fees associated with a cash advance on a credit card, or maybe he's really close to his limit, but to not take the money once the transaction is completed?

I have no idea how the store would straighten that one out with the credit card company. Maybe the store can reverse $20 of the purchase charge and just keep the cash, but that doesn't help him with the fees. He's going to have to dispute the cash advance with the company himself.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

SC, it's your money. You should be paying attention to your transaction, not just pressing buttons willy-nilly and not reading the directions. You'd have a lot less stress in your life if you just pay attention to what you are doing.

I have very little sympathy for those who will not follow directions or listen to instructions, then get in trouble as a result.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          What do you want to bet he'll be back later ranting about the $20 the cashier stole from him?

IF he's not back within the week complaining that the store stole his 20 bucks then I'll be very surprised.

Comment

I hate that every single one of those machines is different. The buttons are never in the same place, sometimes you have to press THIS green button, sometimes to have to press THAT green button, sometimes you push the little side buttons, sometime you tap things with the pen...

However, for me, that means that I pay extra attention to what I am doing when I use them. Apparently for SC that means that HE DIDN'T WANT CASHBACK!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it $20 from YOUR bank moron. Just keep it. Not our fault you can't read.

I have seen people get confused over cash back before. The screen said:

Cash back?
              [$0] [$20] [$40] [Other]
              Last check $0 cash back is no cash back.

Comment

I get that a lot. People just seem to push buttons on the screen with out reading it and then get into how much cash back do you want and then they get mad and snap at me that they don't want any. When I tell them that they got to that screen by saying that they did I always get told well I thought that it said this and then they complain about how complicated the machine is. And I'm always thinking if you stopped and read what it was saying it wouldn't be.

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
                  I hate that every single one of those machines is different. The buttons are never in the same place, sometimes you have to press THIS green button, sometimes to have to press THAT green button, sometimes you push the little side buttons, sometime you tap things with the pen...

However, for me, that means that I pay extra attention to what I am doing when I use them. Apparently for SC that means that HE DIDN'T WANT CASHBACK!!!!!!!
                  Oh me too....and like you, I pay very close attention to what it says, and what I push! I did that one time at the gas station. I live in NJ, and so no self serve. Visiting my mom in VA, I got gas, and had trouble seeing because of sun glare, and pushed "yes" for car wash. But when I went in and told them what I had done, NICELY, they cheerfuly refunded my 3.50. Now that I know, every time I go to that station, I KNOW its coming, and to hit no.

Comment

I've actually had the opposite happen; I'd press NO in, "No, I do not want cash back" when the machine was actually asking me, "Is the amount correct?" Thusly, I would have to do the whole card swipe thing all over again.

Sad to say, I've done this more than once.
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      SC, it's your money. You should be paying attention to your transaction, not just pressing buttons willy-nilly and not reading the directions. You'd have a lot less stress in your life if you just pay attention to what you are doing.

I have very little sympathy for those who will not follow directions or listen to instructions, then get in trouble as a result.
                      Oh, come on. If SCs really used their brains instead of letting their mouths and hands do all the work for them, this site wouldn't exist...
                      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I did that once and it was totally my fault. (I'm sure the confused look on my face when the cashier tried to give me the $20 gave it away.) She asked did I want the cash and I said no, I must have pushed the wrong button. She voided the previous transaction, re-ran the items and life was good again. People just need to relax. Customers make mistakes, cashiers make mistakes. Ain't the end of the world people. Although, the guy behind me was gonna have a stroke because it took the cashier a minute in a half for the void and the re-ring of the 6 items I had. She was quick and he was a douche.
                        If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                        --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                          I have seen people get confused over cash back before. The screen said:

Last check $0 cash back is no cash back.
                          I'm waiting for the day when I have a customer who will select $0 cash back and ask for it in a $0 dollar bill.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X