This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, you're an ass!

This guy seriously bugged me all day, I was soo annoyed with what he did.

Me: How would you like your three hundred?

SC: Hundreds.

Me: 1, 2 and three. Have a great day! (I was still in a good mood until...)

SC: Well, congrats, you can count to three. Which any third grader can do.

Me: (I was still trying to keep my good mood going) Well, then I pass! (Said in a cheery joking manner)

SC: Well then let's see how smart you are. What's two and a half times two and a half?

Number, one I don't do tricks on command for pricks and maybe I am math stupid but I do much more complicated things than that kind of math all day asshole!

I just stared blankly at him because I honestly didn't know. Yeah, I sucked hardcore in math... AlsoI bet he's had that in his head all day and wanted to make me look stupid.

SC: Yeah, whatever. Idiot. It's six and a half.

I stopped talking to him at that point.

Later I used my calculator and found out he was WRONG anyway! It's 6.25 not six and a half.

So he came back and was with my co worker. He though I was her:

SC: (he always kept his voice in that condesending tone) Just how did you become so nice? (she couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic)

CW: My parents taught me well!

SC: You had parents? *snottily*

He then asks her the same math question and she replies with the right answer.

SC: Oh I see you finally figured it out.

CW: Actually that wasn't me.

Can't even tell the difference between two totally different people? Idiot.

THEN he comes back again and is doing a credit card transaction.

He fumbles around for awhile and can't seem to find his card. I am inwardly rolling my eyes and kind of hoping he lost it.... I know that's mean but he was a complete jerk.

He left it at the machine. I don't know how in the hell he managed to do that since it's one of those push in and pull out ones. But I felt pretty stupid for a bit. I wanted to ask him: Well, sir how much money is in a strap of hundreds? Yeah, betcha don't know that one! I have a million things running around in my head all day, I am not stupid I just can't do that kind of math in my head and on the spot.

He has no idea what I do during the day. I never assume any job is easy and would NEVER make someone feel bad just for fun.

He just did that in order to overcome his, obvious to him's, shortcomings.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Well don't feel too bad, it's just part of how society is nowadays. The math thing, not the accepting of people being assholes thing. I work with numbers and a calculator all day. I'm not stupid, but heaven help me if I had to do long math, let alone in my head. The thing is, I am out of practice. If you don't use the skills, you lose the skills. Same goes for counting back change (of which I'm sure you're a pro!). I'd have to think how to make change for certain amounts. It's not hard, I'm just very rusty.

Perhaps you should've rattled off a series of chips, denominations and fees and then asked for a final total. It would've blown his mind.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I would love to see somebody do the same thing to him...what a jerk!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sir; I'm sorry your penis is so small, that you feel you must compensate by insulting other people.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            He just did that in order to overcome his, obvious to him's, shortcomings.
            To quote McGoddess09's Munchkin....

Blah blah blah. All I hear is I have a small penis.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
              Sir; I'm sorry your penis is so small, that you feel you must compensate by insulting other people.
              "OH, I'M SORRY!! DID YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR INCREDIBLY SMALL PENIS A SECRET? OKAY, I WON'T TELL ANYONE HOW INCREDIBLY SMALL YOUR PENIS IS. WINK, WINK!!!"

The first thing I thought after the "which any third grader can do" remark was: "Oh, in that case, did you need me to do it slower for you?" I got my ass in a lot of trouble back in school...
              Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                THIS. People like the SC in the OP must have something wrong with them, whether it's a small penis, a low IQ, lack of personality or whatever, that the only way they can feel good about themselves is to make someone else feel worse. Best thing to do is feel pity for them and thank the Powers That Be that you are not that person.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Best thing to do is feel pity for them and thank the Powers That Be that you are not that person.
                  I've always felt...that the best way to deal with people like that...is to be as polite as possible. The worse they get, the nicer you get. Nothing torques them off more, is to have someone being nothing but sweet. It's even better if the entire 'confrontation' is captured on tape. What are they going to do, complain that you were "too nice?"
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So...nobody's figured out by now that he was into you?

That was flirting--someone once told him that girls like assholes, and you just proved him wrong.

Comment

Well he was pretty old. He's 82. Which still doesn't give him right to be a jerk. Your comments made me smile, thanks

Comment

Sounds like a regular asshole to me. Pretty much run of the mill...no originality, just spewing trash talk all day long. You are to be commended & at least you don't have to wake up next to him every day. GROSS!
                        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

"Two and a half? As in inches?" Glance down, pitying smile...."Yeah I guess you'd be real familiar with that number. Have a nice day, miss...or sorry, I meant sir."
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X