• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUART.

Two sucks!

---

Dear Angry Russian Lady,

I did not know that the watermelon prices were changed on the sign, but not in the computer. You did not have to drag me to the signs and then scream at me at the register, going 'You are idiot! I have no time for you! Ring me up! I am busy woman! You idiot!"

Hoping you choke on seeds,
    Me

---

Dear Customers and Co-workers,

Do you know what a quart of milk is? I don't think you do.

Today was the last of the month, so naturally we got a lot of WIC orders. Many of our customers had quarts of milk on their plan. Some actually knew what it was and got the right one. The others brought half-gallons and thought that would count. (Sadly, most of my coworkers made the same mistake.)

Finally, I just went and got it myself, and showed everyone what it was. However, one specific lady decided to spend ten minutes arguing with me about the milk sizes.

"I don't understand why my milk wasn't taken off!"

"You brought up a half-gallon but you only have a quart left on your plan."

"What do you mean?"

"You got the wrong size milk, ma'am."

"That makes no sense! I got the right kind! Why wasn't it taken off?"

*siiiiiiiigh*
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

I didn't even know milk was sold in quarts anymore. Must be why I get it confused with half-gallon, too.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

is that a quart for a week? doesn't seem like enough for reasonable useage.

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
        is that a quart for a week? doesn't seem like enough for reasonable useage.
        My husband and I tend to buy the little bitty school-milk sized milks because otherwise it WILL go off. NO size larger than that will ever keep at my house, no matter how much cereal we attempt to each before the ridiculously short expiry date.

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
          My husband and I tend to buy the little bitty school-milk sized milks because otherwise it WILL go off. NO size larger than that will ever keep at my house, no matter how much cereal we attempt to each before the ridiculously short expiry date.
          It will be so nice when the Hubster and I get our own place again. I use a little bit of milk to cook with, and Hub puts it in his coffee. Neither of us drinks it (yuck!) and I use non-dairy creamers in my coffee. We'll be buying one 2L a week at that point, instead of six to feed my MIL's obsession with drinking large quantities of milk all the damn day. Woo!
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

J goes through milk pretty quickly but every now and then he will for for about a week without drinking any. I always get organic milk (for some reason it lasts longer, which makes no sense to me but whatever) as I would rather pay the extra $1 for the organic than having to toss most of a gallon because J didn't drink it and I only use it for cooking.

Comment

The organic milk is probably listed as ulta pasturized, as opposed to the standard grocery store milk that's bought - which is why it lasts longer... I don't care for the taste of "conventional" milk - possibly because of how the milk has been treated - (the antibiotics and hormones put in), but organic milk tastes to me far better. That said, the benefits/detriments of pasturization belongs in fratching territory, but I do prefer my milk to taste like... milk. It's been a long time since I lived near a dairy farm to get that though.

Comment

The only way I know the difference (and I might be wrong) is a quart comes in cardboard and a half gallon comes in plastic.

Yeap.

And a quart in my place only gets half used before its thrown out (but its just me, no kids)
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I'm at the other end of the milk drinking spectrum. I buy milk two gallons at at time, and Mrs. IA doesn't drink it. I use it on cereal and drink a glass or two at breakfast, and half a glass at bedtime. I never have to toss any of it.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    The only way I know the difference (and I might be wrong) is a quart comes in cardboard and a half gallon comes in plastic.

Yeap.

And a quart in my place only gets half used before its thrown out (but its just me, no kids)
                    A half-gallon is half of a gallon, so two of them makes a gallon.
                    A quart is a quarter gallon, so four of them makes a gallon.
                    A quart is half of a half-gallon, so two of them makes a half-gallon.

Maybe that will help you tell them apart?

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
                      Two sucks!

You did not have to drag me to the signs and then scream at me at the register, going 'You are idiot! I have no time for you! Ring me up! I am busy woman! You idiot!"

Sorry to hear you had to deal with a moron like that. Couldn't you have refused to serve her?

Comment

Quoth DemoDiva View Post
                        A half-gallon is half of a gallon, so two of them makes a gallon.
                        A quart is a quarter gallon, so four of them makes a gallon.
                        A quart is half of a half-gallon, so two of them makes a half-gallon.

Maybe that will help you tell them apart?
                        I already knew two halves is a whole, but staring at the milk aisle isn't going make any of that relevant. Two half gallons side by side doesn't look like a gallon of milk to me. Unless you meant something else, i'm completely confuzzled
                        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I only buy Silk, sold by the half gallon, and I buy 5 of them every 2 weeks.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            I can buy milk in plastic or cardboard up to half a gallon. Many of the corner stores sell milk in plastic by the quart.
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                              Sorry to hear you had to deal with a moron like that. Couldn't you have refused to serve her?
                              I just checked her out so she would leave. Manager agreed she was a grade-A bitch.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
                              Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

Working...
                              X