X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a thread be titled :cheers:?

!!

At my little Jack, the men who clean our hood vents (vents above the fryers and grill) came unexpectedly. Well... when they come to clean the vents we have to shut down the store.

Sucky customers remained sucky, but had no ammunition. Most of the night was

*drive thru buzzer dings*
    Me: Hello! Unfortunately we're in the middle of cleaning our hood vents, so we won't be able to re-open until six am.
    C: WHAT THIS IS BULLSHIT HOW CAN YOU BE CLOSED YOURE 24 HOURS!!!!!!
    Me: Have a good night!

Apparently, while I was napping on my lunch (because we were closed and I could!), some guy decided we werent closed and started banging on the drive through window. My lead just ignored him till he went away.

We really couldn't have served anyone if we wanted to. They have to turn off and cover the fryers and the grill so whatever unholy mess is in those vents doesnt contaminate our surfaces/oil. Then we have to wait for everything to reheat. It took three glorious hours.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Oh, man, you guy are lucky. At the meat monarch I worked at they did it in stages so we stayed open AND it was harder to cook anything. Grats on a smooth shift.

Comment

could you not put a sign up at the entrance to the drive through saying you were closed?

or did you do that and these SCs ignored it anyway

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
        could you not put a sign up at the entrance to the drive through saying you were closed?

or did you do that and these SCs ignored it anyway
        Signs?

No true SC will be deterred by a mere sign.

Why, that sign that says "Closed" is clearly only referring to other people. No one would be so foolish as to not serve me! -SC logic

Comment

Working...
        X