X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard

PWND

I just remembered this one. I was informed about this from some folk who sit around this particular person.

This is from the trial department and these members are not full owners, so there are certain things they cannot do, places they cannot go to and options that are not offered to them. Other parts, however, are superbly generous -- their cancellation period being one of them (for vacation that is). Basically, they have to call in no later than two hours before check in to get their time back and try again later.

Into the story:

This woman booked a reservation, cancelled it with minutes to check in and now wanted her time back. When notified this was not happening, the woman went on to say that the Rent-a-share were a bunch of thiefs who took her 2.5K.. and it didn't matter she still had a shitload of points (she only had a two night stay so it used like a tenth of her accumulated time) and plenty of time to book another share, WE were shafting her. WE were stealing her points and money. WE were only profiting and she was losing. She wasn't going on another vacation because our policies were corrupt and she wasn't buying either.

The CSR, a normally superb and sweet woman, now fed up, in pain from a migrane and up to -here- with patience snapped.

"Yes, you're right. We have taken then 2.5k that you've already paid but in the long run, we actually lose more when you are a dissatisfied customer and unhappy member since we have now missed the opportunity to have sold you a 30, 40 or 50 thousand dollar ownership. Now, I do understand that it is your choice if you decide to just throw your accumulated time in the garbage but the way I look at it is that you have two options: you can sit here, dwell on it, have a fit and not only will you not get your time back but you'll lose the remainder time you have to enjoy a vacation OR you can get on with it. You still have time before your remaining credits expire completely. I can book a vacation for you, today, right this second and make it easier for you to relax by a pool on a lazy Sunday. You don't even have to buy a contract because *that is your choice*. So, what is it going to be?"

And the most amazing part of it was? Not only did the woman stfu but booked two more vacations in the same call!!
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Your CSR has mind control powers!!!

I will now worship her.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I think if we were honest with more customers instead of sucking up, common sense would begin to prevail in more situations.
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Damn, I have to try that! "You can yell about missing the deadline for Sunday-- for the third week in a row, even though you have been advertising with us for over 20 years and should KNOW all the deadlines by now--or you can go ahead and place your ad NOW for the next FOUR weekends and you're done."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X