This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask for it, why don't you?

I think I know who this is, and I'm 90% sure its one of my ex-clients, who has been trying to give me grief for a while now. Their name has been changed, due to the fact I checked up on the name they used and it's OBVIOUSLY not that company who contacted me. And yes, I contacted that company to let them know someone is impersonating them.

SC: Well well.
    Seraph: ?
    SC: Stealing my ideas I see.
    Seraph: Excuse me?
    SC: You STOLE my artwork
    Seraph: Do elaborate. I have no idea what you are talking about
    SC: http://<website>.com/
    SC: Take a look, that is my design
    Seraph: Excuse me? Thats my premade template.
    Seraph: Been available for over a year.
    SC: Really? I have been selling them coded since last month.
    Seraph: Link me?
    Seraph: Whats your website?
    SC: IT is none of YOUR concern.
    SC: I sell cheap
    Seraph: Tell me now please so that I may go on ahead and send you a cease and desist order
    SC: I will delete
    Seraph: No, tell me now please
    Seraph: Or I will send off a letter to AOL's offices to retrieve your information so I may contact you that way
    Seraph: I am fine with getting a subpeona for that
    SC: Go ahead. You need a reason for that :-)
    Seraph: Threatening me and copyright infringement is enough
    *** Error while sending IM: This user is currently not logged on

But yeah, fairly sure I know who this is, but I'm contacting AOL to get his info so I can confirm it before I go on this guy's servers and rip off every shred of the files he purchased from me. Thank god I have a license he signed that allows me to do that.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

So he goes from "YOU stole MY artwork" to "Really.. I bought it from you..?" to "WELL YOU CANT PROVE IT"

Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Oh yeah he's in such toasty trouble, LOL. Last copyright infringer, I filed a DMCA with his hosting company, he freaked out when they told him his site was going to be shut down if he didn't comply.

The *other* infringer I had before that, he decided to taunt me and dare me to do anything about it. Ignoramus didn't realize I had *his* hosting provider's OWNER's cell phone on speed dial. Boom went the website!

I actually suspect this may be that guy as well. The website mentioned was his site, and from what I hear through the grapevine, he's been griping to anyone who will listen how he's gonna try and cause me trouble.

Comment

want a bit of gasoline for the fire underneath him?

gotta love thieves when you corner them with dead to rights.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          before I go on this guy's servers and rip off every shred of the files he purchased from me. Thank god I have a license he signed that allows me to do that.
          I'll admit I don't know squat about the kind of work you do and although I can use a computer for general things, anything beyond that I'm computer illiterate. How do you gain access to his servers? Or is this something else through his hosting site?

Either way, I hope you get him. It's awful to hear how much trouble you go through just to make a living.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I'll admit I don't know squat about the kind of work you do and although I can use a computer for general things, anything beyond that I'm computer illiterate. How do you gain access to his servers? Or is this something else through his hosting site?

Either way, I hope you get him. It's awful to hear how much trouble you go through just to make a living.
            (s)he has a contract about the usage of the things designed for a client. He's misusing the premade/purchased design, saying he created it and selling it as his own work. This violates the contract he signed, thus giving Seraph grounds to contact his server/host and have his site taken down for contractual violations. Once the offending material is removed, he gets his access back.

I could be wrong, but generally thats how it works. Selling someone elses code/design is a lot like plagarism. You can't sell someone elses work as your own. I haven't done this for a couple years, so things could have changed or i'm misreading entirely.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Bingo on the dot.

He is violating his contract by doing this.

Sadly, I found out who it is. He's denying it vehemently, mainly because he knows his entire (very expensive) design is now at stake. I can't quite definitely prove it, as my source for his IP wants to remain as anonymous as possible....but we know it's him. Just not sure why he DID it, as he's actually been quite happy this week with all the compliments coming in about his new design.

Comment

Working...
              X