This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raw meat and bleach in the same bag

if the meat is like the fish i get, and individually wrapped in plastic and then stuck in a plastic bag... i wouldn't care what they put it with. but they don't put it next to the cleaners ..

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Believe it or not, I had the opposite problem the other day.
      Yeah, I had a few of those in my unfortunate years at BoutiqueGroceryStore....We actually had people who wanted us to overload our bottom-barrel-cheap-as-hell plastic bags that had been known to shred due to the onerous weight of a single loaf of bread -- My fave was the GLASS JUG OF WINE o_O -- (and now, only thou art missing...) rather than use our paper bags, which are the strongest bags I had ever seen short of canvas. If the customer could handle the weight (and they asked), we could safely use one bag for 2 gallons of milk AND fill the rest of the space with other cold goodies without serious concern; the handles would give before the bag bottoms did.
      Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I am quite notorious for this. I despise my cleaning stuff to be bagged with any food
      Eugh. Especially with raw meats straight outta the back, which may even be leaky...Even worse, the Manager's Special (read: It's 20% off but you'd better cook it today or it'll be bad by tomorrow"). I'm actually more concerned with the bleach or other cleaner being leaky, in this case, however.
      Last edited by EricKei; 07-06-2010, 10:10 AM. Reason: terrible joke, sorry, but i couldn't resist
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        I despise my cleaning stuff to be bagged with any food, and my drinks are double bagged (plastic bags are so thin, I've had several occasions where they would break) and my meats need to be separate from the boxed stuff. I've also had an occasion or two where I've witnessed such bagging and had to speak up and let the bagger know that was not acceptable.
        It isnt normal procedure to not bag meat with boxes and drinks (2 liters, im assuming) to be double bagged? I shop at a store that has you bag your own food, but...

..?

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        raw meat and bleach in the same bag

if the meat is like the fish i get, and individually wrapped in plastic and then stuck in a plastic bag... i wouldn't care what they put it with. but they don't put it next to the cleaners ..
        It only takes one person being put in the ER to bring down a company.

edit: pepperelf is on the same thread i am, but i like all my similar meat (pork with pork, etc) to be bagged together.) Im a cross-contamination freak, what?
        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-06-2010, 10:28 AM.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

My university is at the top of a VERY steep hill, and the grocery store is at the very bottom of this hill. There are other grocery stores around, but they are farther away and I'd still have to climb the steepest half. As I can't afford a Taxi, I bought a personal shopping cart to carry the heavy stuff as it's over an hour's walk back up the hill.

So when i get to the check out I explain the the cashier I want all my liquids put in the shopping cart, and anything heavy. Then see what else they can fit in before they start bagging things, leaving out the bread and eggs.

Picky Bagging people have made this process a nightmare. The Cashier are so unsure about filling my cart that they question every item. "Miss, should i put the ice cream in? Would putting the meats in the cart be fine? Would you like the apples in the cart?"

The worst thing about it is I know that if I was working at a grocery store still, I would do the same thing.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
          X