Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, you absolutely CANNOT return that...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy is a major idiot. And I've made a note in the communication book so that the people who don't work too often will know about him and not make the mistake of taking the shoes back. We do have a couple employees who only work a few hours a week and they tend to be a little more afraid of insistent customers than those of us who're there all the time.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      if you thought crocs were bad enough....

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the "toe shoes"
      Hmmm, it looks like Shoe Fitters over at Cottonwood carries them. I'll have to go check them out at least.

Quoth Raventhistle View Post
      So...lower class people who can afford shoes that cost over $100 usd?
      Quoth Magpie View Post
      Wait... they cost less than sneakers do?
      What sneakers are you buying? I wear New Balance walking shoes and never see them for more than about $60. Now the really specialized running shoes are another matter....

Quoth Magpie View Post
      I'm getting me a pair! Everyone always says they're as comfortable as going barefoot, and shoes just attack my feet so badly...
      That's why I want to go poke at them.

Not that shoes really bother my feet, but I prefer being barefoot. The first thing that comes off when I get home are my shoes. In the last month, I've only had proper shoes on for 3 days. The rest of the time is barefoot, flip-flops, or my Nike sandals.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

REI: http://www.rei.com/search?search=vib...t=query,vibram

And their customer service is pretty good too

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
          Believe it or not, those Five Fingers are pretty comfy. If you can deal with toe socks, then you can deal with those.
          They are...odd... I work at a store that sells them. They are meant for running short distances to strengthen the feet. These are not resellable any returns have to be sent back to the company. i love the people who dont get the concept that no there is no padding, no insole, you cant put your orthotic into them etc etc etc. so they are not meant to be worn for 12 hours of standing on concrete.. of course your feet are going to be sore if you do that. just some specs on them the sole of the average VFF is 3mm of vibram rubber. the more expensive thicker ones are 4mm of the same.

Also note if you want a pair. They are sized by Vibram size, which while close is not european standard depending on style of "shoe". They have a chart on their website where you measure your foot in inches and convert to their specific size depending on style.

...sorry bit of a rant there...im sick of them already lol.
          Last edited by Chainsmith; 07-06-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I buy New Balance... I know that the prices are higher here, but on the website the cheap ones are $65. I haven't seen those particular lines either, but that's probably because New Balance is only carried by the running stores. I hadn't realised quite how high the difference was (I just did the exchange rate calculation at first, didn't think to check the prices). http://www.nbwebexpress.com/category...=48&sortBy=POP

Comment

Oy. I was going to recommend onlineshoes.com, but they don't ship to Canadialandialand. I was also going to suggest Canada.Zappos.com, but they don't carry New Balance.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
                Believe it or not, those Five Fingers are pretty comfy. If you can deal with toe socks, then you can deal with those.
                If I could wear them to work, I'd get a pair, then... I can't wait for September for multiple reasons, one of them being the return of Toe Sock Season ~

If that guy comes back again, you guys should ask him what happened to the shoes. Yes, they've not been worn, but how'd they get all chewed up like that if there's no animals?
                Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

J has 2 pairs of Five Fingers, he loves them, especially for running around in the woods, climbing, and free running. Someone on here said that they were for short distances, which kind of confuses me, sure you have to start out slowly but once you get used to how it feels when your feet actually interact with whatever they are on you can wear them all day with no problems at all. They essentially let your feet move naturally while enhancing your grip and protecting you from pokey things. My only issue with them is that they can get pretty sticky pretty fast, but you can chuck them in the washer, you just have to hang or lay them out to dry, which takes a bit of time, but is still preferable to non-washable shoes for J to run around in.

To post something actually on topic: Why do people argue about never using an item when clearly something has happened to it? If it isn't in sellable condition then it isn't in sellable condition, doesn't really matter how it got that way, unless it has a defect.
                  Last edited by Solumina; 07-07-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
                    To post something actually on topic: Why do people argue about never using an item when clearly something has happened to it? If it isn't in sellable condition then it isn't in sellable condition, doesn't really matter how it got that way, unless it has a defect.
                    I believe these people are too cowardly to accept that they are responsible for messing up the item.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X