This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wanted to ask...

okay, this post will be just cell phone customers.

1st customer was one I was expecting as her husband had called earlier in the day to see if she was eligible for an upgrade and said she'd be in later when told she was. So when the customer gets in I start to go through the process expecting no problems. Now, part of the information we have to enter in the computer is on their driver's license (or state issued id). The problem? Her license expired back in fall 2009. She had no other id on her so I was unable to give her her upgrade, but I really wanted to ask her how she got here since she seemed all alone except for a small child.

Next one was technically coworker B's customer. husband and wife were in and wanted to upgrade the wife's phone.
    B: now is she the primary account holder?
    H: No, I am.
    B: okay, I'll need your driver's license then.
    H: I don't have it, just use hers
    W: *starts to get out her driver's license*
    B: I need the primary account holder's driver's license. I can't use hers.

this goes back and forth for awhile before the couple leaves, as they are leaving
    H: This is f***ing stupid!

Had a customer come in and buy a straight talk phone, she also requested that I activate it for her. While I'm doing so she has a young kid in her cart that starts playing with the dummy phones.
    SC's H: Be careful with those
    SC: oh, he can't break them. they're just displays.
    B: Actually he can break them. *shows them one of our display phones that a customer managed to tear off the previous night*

The mom tells her son to stop at that point, and the son throws a fit, but at least he's not trying to damage store property anymore. B leaves for her break while I'm still trying to activate the phone while blocking out the little kids screams. after it gets quieter I look back around and the kid's back to playing with the display phones again. After I look at the mother she tells him to be careful but doesn't tell him to stop again. I just finished up the activation as quick as I could.
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Being in a phone store, I get this all of the time. The law and company policy states you have to provide ID. And just because you're married to the account holder doesn't mean you have access to all of their accounts.

One more thing! What adult leaves the house without ID?

Comment

Quoth PhoneManager View Post

I have NEVER understood this. My ID is in my wallet, ALWAYS. If I take my ID out of my wallet, I make sure its in my pocket. Why? If I get pulled over, ID would make my life a lot easier.

Not to mention.. *points at username* ID is handy
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Eh it depends on where I'm going and how I'm getting there. My ID is always in my wallet, which is always in my purse and both go with me pretty much whenever I get in a car. If I'm walking somewhere I generally don't bring a purse, I may grab a $10 and my cell but that is pretty much it. Also if I'm all dressed up and going out (and somebody else is driving) I'll take a tiny little purse with some cash, my cell, and some lip gloss, if I plan to have a drink or if we are going some place that cards at the door I'll grab my ID but I don't like carrying around a big purse as it gets in the way, especially at a club.

Comment

Quoth PhoneManager View Post
          That'd be me. I don't carry a purse normally, so my wallet sits in my knapsack. I don't take it with me unless I'm going to need money, or I'm going far enough away that there's larger odds of something coming up. Yes, it results in me taking two-three months when I have money for the donation box at church (I need to specifically remember it as I'm walking out the door), but I've never had problems aside from that. In fact, I've had benefits: there are times when I would have probably taken the bus if I was carrying my wallet, so not carrying my wallet forces me to walk (my student ID card is my bus pass).

Comment

Working...
          X