This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Damn Senior Day

Errrggghhh, nothing like senior citizen discounts to make me feel like one.

Well Aren't You Just A Ray Of Sunshine

I stop in the little boys' room to pay the water bill. While I'm doing that there's a guy in a stall sitting a spell. He emerges as I'm at the sink washing my hands and tells me "You need to tell maintenance to fix the toilet seat in there. It's loose!"

Oh, well, gee, for us maintenance is this Mexican guy who doesn't really understand English, let alone clean anything, so he's no help. Of course, maintenance could be interpreted to be me, but if you think I'm going to crawl around on that filthy bathroom floor like a turtle, you're nuts. There's one other guy who we go to for stuff like this, and I'll let him know what needs to be done, but don't expect same-day service. He's got his own shit to do.

A little later, I'm filling autopull, and I run into the guy from the bathroom and his wife. He waves a package of maxi pads in front of my face and asks me "Why don't you have this one in overnight with wings?" So I tell him I don't know; we just get what we get. That's all I can tell him, and all the answer he's entitled to anyway.

Still later, guy from the bathroom comes over by me and waves a coupon in my face. "Where's your Off stuff?" I tell him all the insect repellents are on a fixture in the middle of the aisle by HBA, but we're out of the specific product (some Off clip-on thing) his coupon is for. He sighs, grunts "can't ever find anything here" and waddles off.

Gee, you're just a big complainy-pants today, aren't you? I think you need a nap.

I.P. Freleigh's Cart Conniption

We have four cart corrals in our parking lot. The one closest to the garden center contains carts for customers in the garden center to use. And only people shopping in the garden center are supposed to have access to them. Unauthorized in-store use of the garden center's carts without the express written consent of the garden center is prohibited. Not really, but they get pissy if anybody on a cart run takes carts from their corral.

We also have way too few carts for a store our size. This is probably because corporate is too cheap to send somebody to fix our broken carts, and just tells us to throw our broken carts away. Supposedly, corporate's planning to do some cart balancing among stores, or bring in new ones, but we have no timetable on that.

Result of all this: Yours Truly getting called outside for cart pickup every little while when the front end people or the managers notice we have no carts inside the store for customers to use, because everybody's grabbing a cart as they walk in the door, even if they don't plan to put anything in it. Some older folks use them like walkers.

So, after being called outside for the third time in less than 90 minutes (I checked), I looked over at the garden center's corral and found it overflowing with carts. Even though nobody's shopping the garden center anymore because we have hardly anything left out there, and what's left is dying and ugly anyway. So I took half the carts from that corral and brought them inside.

And yet the garden center people complained because I dared to take their carts. Fortunately management backed me up.

Number of Farts Walked Into Today:

Only 2

Irv is now:

Exhausted.

Time For A:

Beer.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

In a way, each of us has an SC to face. For some, shyness might be their SC. For others, a lack of education might be their SC. For us, SC is a big entitlement whore who wants to scam us. But as sure as my name is Mr Hero, the people of The Swamp can conquer their own personal SC, who also happens to be an actual SC!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      In a way, each of us has an SC to face. For some, shyness might be their SC. For others, a lack of education might be their SC. For us, SC is a big entitlement whore who wants to scam us. But as sure as my name is Mr Hero, the people of The Swamp can conquer their own personal SC, who also happens to be an actual SC!

Misquoted from The Three Amigos!! One of our favorites!

For us, El Guapo is a big ugly guy named El Guapo who wants to kill us.

BTW, El Guapo means "Mr. Pretty."
      Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 07-08-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
        BTW, El Guapo means "Mr. Pretty."
        *nitpick* Actually, it means "The Handsome" since it is used to describe a man.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          "You need to tell maintenance to fix the toilet seat in there. It's loose!" ... There's one other guy who we go to for stuff like this, and I'll let him know what needs to be done, but don't expect same-day service. He's got his own shit to do.
          So he'll find out the toilet seat is loose anyway. Problem solved.
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm thinking it's time for Irv to start a Senior Day megathread.

Comment

Working...
            X