This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting A Clue, One No At A Time

This happened on the 4th of July. We were run ragged and thrilled that we could close the store with no stragglers. The registers were off, the money about to be dropped in the safe, half the lights etc etc.

Two women walk up to the door and discover that it's locked and this exchange happened.

Me: Sorry we're closed
    SC: But we know what we want
    Me: I'm sorry

The girls start to walk off and then double back

SC: We have cash. We'll only be a minute
    Me: We're closed. I'm sorry
    SC: All we want is some beer, it'll only take a minute
    Me: Sorry. There's a liquor store down the street
    SC: So you're saying there's no way you can let us in
    Me: No. I can't let you in.

The girls glare at us and walk off. We finish closing and let ourselves out. The girls are standing in the parking lot, glaring.

In the time it took to argue, beg, and glare the girls could have been to the liquor store and had their precious beer.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

lol. no booze for them.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post

In the time it took to argue, beg, and glare the girls could have been to the liquor store and had their precious beer.
      I was thinking this exact thing as I eased my way down to this sentence.

Lazy bitches.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        lol. no booze for them.
        Come back, one year!
        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
          Annnnduh, been home already, and half shit-faced!

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

i bet you by the time they stopped glaring at you and walked over to the liquor store it was closed.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Maybe the girls had been banned from the liquor store for some reason? I can't imagine why else they'd NEED to get the beer from you. (Unless, of course, your store happens to carry some really good nut-brown or pale ales, and the liquor store works like the ones here do, and doesn't chill the beer, but honestly, I'm not buying that one. Those girls strike me as the "beer is beer, and why would we pay more?" type.)

Comment

In my area, the liquor stores don't sell beer... they only sell hard liquors (not exactly sure what kinds, since I don't drink, but I had to go to one to get some brandy for a dessert I was making, so stuff like that). Beer and wine are sold only at the grocery stores, not the liquor stores, but there are plenty of grocery stores open all night long, so it still wouldn't make sense to have them standing around fussing.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                X