This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A douchebag draws near.

Thou has done well in defeating the douchebag.

(cookies for reference)

I

Most SC's are only because they do 1 or 2 sucky things. Rarely do you get the people who have an entire checklist. At around 3am I had a customer who:

-Decided to get the room even though it was our last one and 2 others wanted one. (This alone isn't sucky but it does show our scarcity and that he's lucky to have gotten the room.)
    -Complained about the price
    -After agreeing to the price, complained about having to have a cash deposit.
    -After agreeing to the deposit, demanded that his $100 bill get returned instead of smaller bills. (please help me out why this would matter)
    -After being told the breakfast time and that it was included in the price remarks, "it better be free with how much I paid!"

II
    SC who was already in house sees her bill and wonders why it was higher than the $79.99 we quoted her.
    Me: There was also tax.
    SC: This is the worst place I've stayed in. I'm reporting it to the BBB.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

It's amazing how many people seem to be completely unaware of taxes.

Comment

Well, they might come from somewhere without sales tax, or where it is included in the displayed price. The latter is how VAT is handled by law over here.

Comment

Oh the sales taxe. People never realis they have to pay it.. Even thought you have to pay it every where. Were I work in a call center. If we have a store in your state you have to pay sales taxe. People are always crying why don't you have a store in my state??? You realy need one!!! Then when they get one, oh the sales taxe. I have taken to telling people who want a store in there state you know since there is not store there you don't have to pay salas taxe. UUUUU....to much to prosses brain shuting down!!

Comment

I understand people who live somewhere where there is no sales tax, or it is included in the price, who it just doesn't occur to them that they'll have to pay tax until they see it on their receipt and have to ask, "Um, excuse me, what's this?"

I don't understand people who have lived their entire lives and are completely unaware of the concept of "sales tax," and no amount of explaining it to them will help them understand that no, this is not a store scam.
          Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Amazing how people forget that even hotel rooms are taxed nowadays...

Nice Dragon Warrior reference, by the way.
            My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Ye olde school Dragon Warrior, fun stuff. Good times with the NES.

Comment

I don't think there's anything sucky about the simple act of asking why a charge is higher than anticipated: mistakes happen, and smart consumers should be alert to them. Unfortunately "smart consumer" has the same initials as "sucky customer", so it can be difficult to tell them apart. You may not realize the difference until the sneer and condescending tone come out.

As for the guy with the hundred, are you sure it wasn't phony? If not, there's a few other possibilities: he didn't want to carry around a lot of small bills, he wanted to be able to impress someone with his big bill, he has obsessive-compulsive issues, or he's just an SC.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

First thing I do when someone comes in asking about a car loan for X vehicle selling for X dollars is how they intend to pay for the taxes. So many people will get approved for the X dollars they requested, only to discover they need several hundred to several thousand more to cover the taxes. If they need that included as part of the loan, good chance it is going to have to go back to the underwriters for a new approval at the higher amount. And our underwriters don't work weekends (lucky bastards).

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    As for the guy with the hundred, are you sure it wasn't phony? If not, there's a few other possibilities: he didn't want to carry around a lot of small bills, he wanted to be able to impress someone with his big bill, he has obsessive-compulsive issues, or he's just an SC.
                    As far as I can tell it wasn't phony. One of the things he bitched about was me using the marker to see if it's real or not.

And ya, I had to throw in that Dragon Quest/Warrior reference because Dragon Quest IX comes out later this week and I'm looking forward to it.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Lady #2 wasn't sucky until she went off the deep end over taxes and threatened to call the BBB.

I rarely if ever stay at a hotel and I tend to forget just how expensive lodging taxes are in the industry. I think lodging taxes around here are between 15-17% plus general sales tax. That adds up real fast!
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        Lady #2 wasn't sucky until she went off the deep end over taxes and threatened to call the BBB.
                        I completely agree. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know why charges are a certain amount. However, she had an itemized recipt in her hand that showed the room rate and the individual taxes. She was kinda dumb to not to have known ahead of time, but she became sucky when she threatened us with the BBB.

Comment

Working...
                        X