Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that man drive a car? I feel threatened, even though he is far away.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      And that man drive a car? I feel threatened, even though he is far away.
      Judging by Orelinde's latest note about him, I'd say you probably don't need to worry. He won't find anyone else to insure him that he can afford, and in Canada (not sure where Orelinde is from, so I'm using my own country as an example) you can't drive without insurance. Oh, and hitting a parked police car when you already have a record like this guy is likely to lose him his license to drive for a very long time, if not permanently.

And there's no way on this earth that he'd be able to rent a car on a vacation, so I believe you can relax, Mikkel.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
        And there's no way on this earth that he'd be able to rent a car on a vacation, so I believe you can relax, Mikkel.
        Well, perhaps. There are many places on the internet where you can buy a false driving license and I doubt that a small European car rental will check with a customers home country.
        I'll admit that I'm not in very much danger here. You take care of yourself. Who knows when he borrow a car and it suddenly moves a few thousand miles to the side and hit you.

ETA sorry, it should be "is hit by you".
        Last edited by Mikkel; 11-20-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

He won't find anyone else to insure him that he can afford, and in Canada (not sure where Orelinde is from, so I'm using my own country as an example) you can't drive without insurance.
          That's not quite right. He can't legally drive without insurance and/or license.

As we've seen many times before, that won't stop a lot of the freaks who think that they have to drive no matter their lack of fitness for the task.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow, that's as funny as the drunk who hit a telephone pole while swerving to avoid the giant Coke can that rolled across the road in front of him.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
              I think more than alcohol was involved in this guy's situation.
              i'm thinking he was still drunk when he called.

same person is no longer insured with our company. he later filed another claim when his car was "struck by a parked empty police car*
              and that he never sobered up
              Last edited by PepperElf; 11-20-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                I think more than alcohol was involved in this guy's situation.
                No, a lot of times alcohol and stupidity are all you need.

...in Canada you can't drive without insurance.
                In Canada and the U.S., you cannot drive legally without insurance. But thousands of people do it every day regardless of the law. In my younger and far stupider days, I actually did this myself for a while. I will make no attempt to justify my actions...I was basically just an idiot.

With that in mind, I promise you, insured or not, the idiot in the OP will continue to drive, and judging from his record, he will continue to drive inebriated. My suggestion? Keep off the sidewalks in his neighborhood.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I was going to say that he's either very stupid, or he had something more in his system then a few drinks. Or maybe it's all three. o.o

I hope to hell this guy isn't around my area, then again it really wouldn't matter the slightest. I've got enough idiots on the road to last me for a long while.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Judging by Orelinde's latest note about him, I'd say you probably don't need to worry. He won't find anyone else to insure him that he can afford, and in Canada (not sure where Orelinde is from, so I'm using my own country as an example) you can't drive without insurance. Oh, and hitting a parked police car when you already have a record like this guy is likely to lose him his license to drive for a very long time, if not permanently.
                    Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    That's not quite right. He can't legally drive without insurance and/or license.
                    AB and others beat me to it. Driving sans license or insurance are illegal, it just doesn't stop the people who are bad enough to have earned having them taken away in the first place.

Also, hitting a parked police car probably earned him a little...*ahem*...extra attention from the boys in blue...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

definitely
                      especially since they know how to file police reports and gather data for the charges.

Comment

Quoth Orelinde View Post
                        SC: no my wife sometime during the night moved the garage

I don't know how you managed the rest of the conversation without completely losing it. Myself, I probably would have put the phone on mute and had to be picked up out of the floor and given oxygen from laughing so hard.

I'm surprised the guy didn't try to claim the garage as an uninsured motorist.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X