Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be They Don't Think We're People?

My pharmacy closes at 4pm on Sundays. It has been this way for years. Yet for some reason they act like it's a huge inconvenience for them, but they don't consider that we might be inconvenienced by staying late if we accomodate people who show up at the last second.

About ten minutes before closing, a lady called and said she wanted to refill her blood pressure medicine. The pharmacist took the call and it went something like this.

Him: Ma'am we are closing in ten minutes. Can you make it here by then?

Her: You close in ten minutes? Since when?

Him: I've been here for ten years, and it's always been that way.

Her: So I have to be there in ten minutes then to get this? I don't know if I could make it.

Him: Well if you really need this today, I don't mind hanging out a few extra minutes if you'll come over right away. But please get here as quickly as you can because I have plans with my family tonight.

Her: Oh nevermind! If you're going to be that way the just forget it!! (She then slammed down the phone.)

I don't get it. Our pharmacist so nicely offered to stay a few extra minutes for her. She should have thanked him for being so accomodating and rushed right over. But instead she gets mad because he has a life outside of work?

The other SC showed up at about 4:10pm just as we were ringing out our last customer. She had three prescriptions that she wanted filled today. I explained to her that we closed at 4pm and that we could fill them tomorrow. She made a catbutt face. Why did she act so surprised? The gate was completely shut except for a small spot at the register where we were ringing out the last few people in line.

I told her about our other location that has a 24 hour pharmacy. It is about a ten minute drive from where my store is, yet she acted like asking her to drive ten minutes was a major human rights abuse or something. She just took her prescriptions back and left. I don't know if she went there or not.

I just don't get it. Do people really think that we are not actual humans with feelings and families, and lives outside of work?

The last time a CSR offered to stay a little past closing to do something for me I was doing Warp 9 to get there so I wouldn't inconvenience them any more than I already was. Oh yeah, and I thanked them for staying late just for me!

What the hell happened to common courtesy with these people?

I know, if we could answer that we wouldn't need this site.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

they think they're entitled to it
      and that "service" means "servant"

Comment

On Christmas Eve this past year this couple was on my line for at least a full 40 minutes after our closing time because they only decided to take $100 with them and had like a thousand things on the belt, and then I had to stay open to ring up employee orders also. Infuriating.

Also had a person last Memorial Day that was keeping me working 15 minutes past my shift end. When I started to look annoyed at how long it was taking because of items not scanning and things she wanted price checks for she says "well the clock is still running as long as you're here." It's bad enough I was there until 7:30 and making my family wait to eat dinner with me, but she apparently did not even think to consider such things could happen.
        Last edited by jjc927; 07-12-2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

They think we have no life outside of our jobs, an impression management already tries to foist upon us.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Huh. I think I'vekinda always assumed that all pharmacies are closed on Sundays. Considering that, if I needed a script filled on a Sunday, I'd be eternally grateful to find them open any hours at all.

Comment

They all think that y'all live there. Every night y'all pull out your cots and pillows and blankets, and go scavenging up and down the aisles for food and dragging your metal detectors behind you as a hobby.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I should have the guy in assembly come out one of these nights when I'm trying desperately to close during a rush. (Hey, time to clock out is time to clock out). I'll go completely still, close my eyes, and he can come put me on a dolly or an L-cart and announce he's taking me to the back to recharge.

I've been working for Volde-Mart too long to come up with plans like this . . .
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                X