Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And if I have to help this woman scam us....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if I have to help this woman scam us....

Apparently, yesterday, or at least some time this past weekend, we got a call from some woman who purchased a piece of furniture from us, evidently put it together and got some use out of it, and now wants to return it because it's a "piece of crap."

She apparently doesn't have her receipt, but she "knows" she bought the furniture within the last 90 days, so she should be okay to return it. Yeah, and I know I'm going to give it to Ellen Page doggy style tonight. Oops, no, sorry, that's not true. Guess what else probably isn't true?

This woman also does not know the name of the item she bought, because she apparently does not have a receipt and threw the packaging away, so we had to guess at it. If she paid by check or card, we might be able to look up her receipt. But--and this is what's screaming "scammer!" to me--she only wants cash. Which policy dictates she should not receive because:
    • if she paid with cash, we won't be able to look up the receipt, so she probably would not get a refund, and
    • all refunds are given in a form consistent with payment (card refunds get credited to your account or your credit card, checks get refunded to your checking account).

Also, she tried pulling something else in the past. She called us irate claiming we charged her for a pair of shoes she didn't buy, so we looked at camera footage from when she was in the store, and we saw the pair of shoes in question clear as day in her shopping cart.

And I would've had to assist this woman with her return if she stopped in while I was at work. She didn't. But still she's probably going to be offered a gift card or something else that, IMO, she should not be getting.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    I'm going to give it to Ellen Page doggy style tonight.
    I hope the Swamp doesn't call you to work on what would otherwise be the best night of your life.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      I hope the Swamp doesn't call you to work on what would otherwise be the best night of your life.
      Simple solution to that: mix business with pleasure. Cleanup on aisle three.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ellen page is coming over to MY house tonight, and she's bringing her Kitty Pryde costume.

Comment

Ellen is from NS. I met her before she was famous. She's a really sweet girl.

I think if the universe is fair, Irv should get Ellen for a night if that scammer gets her gift card.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Yeah, and I know I'm going to give it to Ellen Page doggy style tonight.
            When I posted last time, I didn't really know who she was. Just had to Google her to find out what she looked like. This statement became a whole lot funnier today after seeing Inception. That girl can be the architect of my wet dreams anytime.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

But still she's probably going to be offered a gift card or something else that, IMO, she should not be getting.
              I'm gonna start doing that. Make crap up and demand gift cards from stores I've never been to. Could like write a book called "How To Be A Bitch And Never Pay For Anything Again."

*ducks and runs*

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
                I'm gonna start doing that. Make crap up and demand gift cards from stores I've never been to. Could like write a book called "How To Be A Bitch And Never Pay For Anything Again."

*ducks and runs*
                What is hilarious is at least with my company, my manager can KNOW your defrauding us and give you money with a smile and write it off with our customer service money. to Keep you happy and coming back and letting your friends know how stupid the store is. and really $19 for 5 minutes of waiting in line and scamming the cashier is a pretty good payout. I mean it only takes me 3hrs to make that much.
                I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  When I posted last time, I didn't really know who she was. Just had to Google her to find out what she looked like. This statement became a whole lot funnier today after seeing Inception. That girl can be the architect of my wet dreams anytime.
                  I will be sending you my dry cleaning bill.
                  There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Working...
                  X