This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix It!

We get calls all the time from people who set their accounts up with their credit or their debit card for recurring payments. When you do that, if you get a new card or a new expiration date, the customer is supposed to let us know so we can update the information. A lot of times they don't. We call them, put a note on their invoice, ect, and also we refuse delivery until it is updated. Usually it's not a big deal. A lot of customers forget to do this and then their all confused when they call in because their card has been working fine, so I usually just start by saying, did you recently get a new card or did your card expire? And they usually say, OH! Yeah, I'm sorry, let me update that, blah, blah. Over the last couple of weeks I have had these people with American Express cards who have this issue but haven't gotten a new card and when I check, the number we have is nothing like the one they have and they say that it's been a long time since they got a new card. I finally had a customer who told me that she talked to AmEx and they explained that if you get a new card, say because of fraud issues, they will cancel the old number but allow recurring charges to continue anyway for around 6 months. Not sure why, but it was nice to know and I've been passing it along to other customers.

However, today, it caused a big load of crap to be dumped in my ear.
    I will play the part of Me, while old dirtbag jerkoff will play the part of himself. Actually for the sake of argument, ODB will do nicely.

Me-Thank you for calling <company>, this is Vanessa, how may I help you?
    ODB-Vanessa, this is Dr. <blank>. I have a fraud issue.

I have heard this before. The company I work fow owns different regional brands and when customers see the corporate name on their credit card statement they get confused sometimes.

Me-Sir, do you have water delivery service with <company>?
    ODB-Yeah, yeah, but you guys have been charging money on a cancelled credit card.
    Me-Well, let me check-
    ODB-(suddenly accelerated from 0-800) I am the customer! I am! Not you! So shut up and listen!
    Me-Okay-
    ODB-Shut it! Listen to me!
    Me-(listening)
    ODB-Are you still there?
    Me-Yes sir, I-
    ODB-Shut up! I am the customer!
    Eventually he calms down enough to let me look into his account and explain things to me and he tells me that one of his credit cards was stolen and AmEx has assured him that it's been cancelled and he has a new card, but every month he gets two bills, the new card and one from the cancelled card with our information. So I explain what I had been told above.
    ODB-So why are you doing this? Whenever my card didn't go through before you let me know with a phone call or something. Why are you playing these games?
    Me-Well sir, as I said before, it is part of AmEx's policy. We will certianly let you know if the card is declined but it wasn't-because they never denied the charge. I can remove the card from your account and assure you we won't charge this card again, but you may want to question AmEx about their policies.
    ODB-Vanessa! Stop passing the buck! Stop being so ridiculous! You're like the president, saying it's all BP's fault!
    Me-Well...okay sir, anyway, I apologize-
    ODB-Stop apologizing! Fix it!
    Me-I removed the card from your account sir.
    ODB-I want something in writing stating this will never happen again!
    Me-I can send you something stating our company will never bill that particular card again.
    ODB-No, I want assurance that this card won't be billed by anyone!
    Me-Sir-I can't really speak for other companies, but-
    ODB-Stop passing the buck! Stop it! And cancel my service!
    Me-Sir, is there something I can do to get you to keep the service?
    ODB-Yes, give me my credit!
    Me-I'm sorry sir-your credit for?
    ODB-These double charges!
    Me-Sir-I'm showing charges for your deliveries, but I am not sure about double charges. Can you tell me-
    ODB-I got two credit card bills!
    Me-I understand that you got two bills from AmEx, but we only charged one card and therefore, were only paid once.
    ODB-Stop passing the buck! Can I have your full name?
    Me-Sure, <name>.
    ODB-Thank you. I will be calling your supervisor, because you need a lot of training and I want you to remember this story on the unemployment line after she fires you.

!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we've found the King of EW's here!

So sorry you had to go through that (offers cookies).

Comment

What an @$$hat!
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I couldn't possibly do your job! I'd be fired for asking people whether they were idiots...
        Don't just do something...sit there!

Comment

I'd get fired within 10 minutes at your job. *hugs and gives cookies*

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
            I'm with you on that. The first time he told me to shut up I'd be telling him exactly what he could do with his card, water supply and any passing truck. I'd rather be out of work, on the streets than take that kind of crap.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Yeah, as you can see by the line under my name, I don't take this crap any longer. Used to. Don't any more. Sorry you had to listen to that. Why do people always think that being nasty and unreasonable will get them better service?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth WaterGirl View Post
                Me-Sir, do you have water delivery service with <company>?
                ODB-Yeah, yeah, but you guys have been charging money on a cancelled credit card.
                Me-Well, let me check-
                ODB-(suddenly accelerated from 0-800) I am the customer! I am! Not you! So shut up and listen!
                Me-Okay-
                ODB-Shut it! Listen to me!
                Me-(listening)
                ODB-Are you still there?
                Me-Yes sir, I-
                ODB-Shut up! I am the customer!
                !
                At this point I think you would've been justified in saying something along the lines of "Sir, I understand that you are the customer. What you need to understand is that such verbal abuse will not help you in getting your problem solved. In fact, if you continue to verbally abuse me, I will disconnect the call. Do you understand?"
                Of course, I don't know if that's allowed where you work, but you should really not have to take that abuse! **hands you sweets and endless drinks of your choice**
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

OT
                  You're like the president, saying it's all BP's fault!
                  because they are...?

anyhoo, i'm wondering how that surgical pack got stuck in his nether regions; after explaining the circumstances on the billing, it's clear who he needs to talk to, and it's not the water company.

so much for degreed = intelligent
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The second ODB had asked for my full name, I would have refused to give it to him. He doesn't need your full name under any circumstances, and if by some chance he does, let him argue with corporate about it.

Seriously, though, he was an asshole. MAJOR asshole. Karma will give him a swift kick in the blood pressure one of these days.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

And now we know why he insists on the formal courtesy title - because it's about the only thing he has going for him.

*cookies and booze* You are amazing for putting up with that.

Comment

Wow...I'm sorry you had to deal with that! I get people like that all the time.

Doctors always seem to be the worst callers next to "lawyers", I'm sure not all of them but most that I have had the displeasure of talking to feel the title dictates some sort of god like power to treat you like a dog that ate their socks
                        Last edited by Vestax; 07-14-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                          Me neither.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Why do people always think that being nasty and unreasonable will get them better service?
                            Because of, unfortunately, too many spineless managers, they have learned that they can.

while old dirtbag jerkoff will play the part of himself. Actually for the sake of argument, ODB will do nicely.
                            Here all I can think of is ODB from Wu-Tang Clan. And the words that stands for might fit that ass better.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            The second ODB had asked for my full name, I would have refused to give it to him. He doesn't need your full name under any circumstances, and if by some chance he does, let him argue with corporate about it.
                            The company that I just barely escaped from required that we give our full real names. Any other company I've worked for has told its employees to not give out their last names for security reasons.

I don't care if I'm in a call center most likely very far from an angry customer. With how interconnected everything is with the interwebs these days, it's not like it would be hard for them to harass me at home.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

ODB-Stop passing the buck! Stop it! And cancel my service!
                              Any bets on when Dr. ODB calls back demanding to know why his water deliveries have stopped?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X