Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can Park My Bike Wherever I Want, Bitch!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can Park My Bike Wherever I Want, Bitch!

In the middle of an extra fscking busy Monday, cashier J up and quit and left me in the lurch. I don't know if it was SM's doing by not scheduling him enough or Manager A driving him over the edge finally by denying diabetic him his lunch at the time he wanted (yet I'm allowed to go at whatever time I want, which is utterly NOT FAIR), but he up and quit.

The entire day annoyed me, I had some annoying customers but not quite as annoying as this guy.

Fun fact: At my Aid of Rite, we don't have a bike rack. However, customers are allowed to park their bikes in the lobby and inform us of the bike being parked there so we can keep an eye on it; or walk the bike through the aisles with them. Either way, not a problem. However, most people have enough common sense to not park their bike ON the lobby's sales flyer rack.

You guessed it-as a customer is going by, TOPPLE CRASH PAPERS EVERYWHERE. Bike caught her in the heel and she glared at me like I was personally responsible for that bike. I'm off duty for the night, but in the aftermath of J quitting and the rush, I figured I can put the rack upright and fix it. I didn't pick up the bike, I kicked it aside and cursed whoever owned it to many firey deaths. :P

Guy comes rushing by and I tell him, "Please don't park your bike there".

HE LOST IT. "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE INSURANCE IT'S $400 A MONTH AND YOU'RE TOO CHEAP FOR A BIKE RACK AND IF IT GETS STOLEN IN 7 SECONDS ALL YOU'RE GONNA DO IS APOLOGIZE AND YOU ALL SUCK AND I HATE THIS AND I WILL PARK MY BIKE WHERE YOU WANT AND RAGE RAGE RAGE".

I wanted to tell him that he was an idiot, but I didn't because I got written up for the last time I snapped at a customer, even off duty.

Bonus: More "Healthiness +" Suck.

Reason # 16 why I hate the "Healthiness+" card: How on earth do you explain the concept of the card to someone who doesn't speak your language? Better, how do you explain the concept of the coupon rewards that print out after you buy the item at the regular price so you can get the next item for the sale price to someone who doesn't speak your language?

It took me 15 minutes during one of the afternoon rushes to try to explain it to an Eastern European lady that she needs a card to get the sale price of "Smivea" lip balm and she won't get the sale until she buys the "Smivea" at the sale price and then buys another one and then uses that coupon reward to get the final price. She didn't get it, even after I tried tapping the brochure and circling the price and trying to say, "This is 'Healthiness+', that is for 'Healthiness+', you need this card." Finally she said, "Ok, I get family help." I never saw her for the rest of the shift.

Not a suck on her part, but more frustration for me.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I'd tell him if he keeps that up, he'll find his bike parked in the dumpster.

Seriously, it's not as if you're not offering a safe place for his bike.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hate coupons (that print out on register tape) that give me a discount the NEXT time I buy that item. Yeah, like a register receipt is gonna last the weeks in my wallet until I need to buy that item again. Or that I'll even remember I have it.
      I wish I never signed up for these kinda cards, but I don't find out about how the 'discounts' work until after I've signed up. For the most part, they're bloody useless.

I can't even imagine the hell it would be trying to explain how they 'work' to a customer who does not speak your language! *shudder*
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Seriously, it's not as if you're not offering a safe place for his bike.
        At least you're not doing what a certain building manager used to do. For whatever reason, some tenants were chaining their bikes to the security gates at random locations throughout the building. Gates, that occasionally need to be opened to allow machinery access, or workers in so they can repair various pieces of equipment. I have no idea why tenants did this...since there were bike racks in the parking garage, and several places in the 'promenade' which ran alongside the building.

After several months of this, the building manager started leaving notes on the bikes. Basically stating, that if bikes were chained to the gates after a certain date...he'd simply cut the chains and toss them. He got tired of having to chase people down, simply so his employees could do their jobs.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We do have a bike rack at one of our entrances, though it is kinda hidden. All to often people will push their bike in, and just dump in on the ground in the "airlock" (the space between the two sets of doors) creating a nice tripping/safety hazard. They get all pissy when we move it.

My favorite excuse for this war it was raining. Well you rode here in the rain, and besides the bike rack is under a covered sidewalk.

Comment

Is this guy trying to claim insurance for his bicycle is $400 a month? Is it a $60,000 bicycle? Is it made from solid gold? And evidently he doesn't own a lock for it?

Around here, bicycles are covered under homeowners insurance, and typically speaking, adding a bicycle to your homeowners insurance doesn't raise your premium at all.
            I myself have a $1000 bike, and no insurance, as I rent my apartment, and the sum value of all my worldly possessions is probably less than the bike is worth. I have 2 very good locks for it, and I'm careful about where I park it.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I think he was trying to say that us as a store are too cheap to buy $400 bicycle insurance.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                I wanted to tell him that he was an idiot, but I didn't because I got written up for the last time I snapped at a customer, even off duty.
                Maybe it's just me but I don't think they can write you up if you're off duty.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

We get people that will just leave their bikes standing in front of the mall doors, or inside the 2-sets of doors, or outside the store they're in. Yeah, they piss and moan when they get moved.

I had 2 inconsiderate pricks that chained their bikes to the fire lane sign on the sidewalk, across from a bolted-down bench, thereby blocking the sidewalk from anyone wanting to get by; especially people in wheelchairs to the ramp!!!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That bike guy was wheely crazy. O_O

Maybe he was cranky from being two tired?...
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

If Raps puts the brakes on the puns that keep rolling in, does that mean we'll be sans-serif?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The mall where my grocery store is (unless the chain goes on strike... don't know where I can get grocery then), has been known to actually carry out on its threats. I've seen a bike with two locks on it. The second lock has a sign asking the owner to go speak to mall security.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                          How on earth do you explain the concept of the card to someone who doesn't speak your language? Better, how do you explain the concept of the coupon rewards that print out after you buy the item at the regular price so you can get the next item for the sale price to someone who doesn't speak your language?
                          Very very very rudimentary sign language. I spent a whole summer with a little girl from Germany who didn't speak English further than "woof" (she and her parents were here on holiday and their English wasn't the greatest...as to the "woof" that was a request to go visit our dog).
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            If Raps puts the brakes on the puns that keep rolling in, does that mean we'll be sans-serif?
                            <applauds!>
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Yeah, if you're off duty I think its game ON. You are not getting paid to put up with shit. I don't see them being able to write you up if you are not on company time and you are a customer at that moment. And being harassed.

Comment

Working...
                              X