Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiskey finally loses her cool (not epic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    She says its part of my job to placate upset customers.
    Um, so you're supposed to sit there and let them throw shit at your face because it'll placate them? Talk about a hostile work environment
    "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Sounds like a few people need to have the pointy end of Jack's hat shoved up their ass....

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Anyone know how to enhance the sound on an audio recording? For completely separate reasons, I have my phone set up to automatically record all incoming and outgoing calls. If its not on speaker, you can barely hear the person on the other side of the line.

Me: I'm not used to being physically threatened on the job
        Manager: Well this is fast food, it happens.

edit: Tech Help got me my software we'll see what happens.
        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-17-2010, 02:26 AM.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          I'm a manager (and owner) where I work, and there's no way in hell I'd tolerate someone threatening committing violence upon someone who works for me. Your manager is a complete idiot. If anyone tried that, if they were lucky, all they'd get is banned for life, at worse they'd get a nice pair of shiny bracelets.

For fish, I'll fry up some walleye and crappie that's in my freezer.
          Last edited by Victory Sabre; 07-17-2010, 02:32 AM.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

"shitty customers happen", that i can understand. What I don't understand is when physical violence against employees became such a norm that it became acceptable.

violence is part of the job description of a cop. You know what happens if you threaten to hit a cop? You go to jail. My job description has no such clause regarding violence and I'm reprimanded and given veiled threats to cut my hours because I walked away.

Comment

How does one possibly placate drunk or high customers who won't remember a damned thing when they wake up later?
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                How does one possibly placate drunk or high customers who won't remember a damned thing when they wake up later?
                Thats the best part. These broads were sober.

edit: its taking all my god drat will power not to go down there right now and toss my shirt (work, not the one i'd be wearing although..), name tag and hat on the counter and walk out. I can't even sleep before work because I'm so angry. I converted the phone call into mp3 format, but trying to listen to it to edit the background audio (make it clearer so you can hear my manager without having to concentrate) just.. enrages me. Hell, thats the term I used in the beginning of the call!
                Last edited by Whiskey; 07-17-2010, 02:58 AM.

Comment

i had something like the first thing happen to me.
                  I told her no and she had to leave right now or we would call the police.

She didn't we gave her 3 minutes, then called the police.
                  it helps the my jack had no Shiftleader on grave, and i was the must experience person who spoke English, was actualyl working the swing shift and should have left 2 hour before but the manager left 2 hours early forgetting that the one grave cashier had told her multiple times that week that she had a final and would be an hour late leaving me alone with one other cashier who had to leave at a certain time for a second graveyard job.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

Ummmmm so what your manager is basically saying is that even if you are beaten to a bloody pulp. Or worse. That as long as the customer is happy then that's fine?

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT!!!!!! Your manager is a Fucking Idiot. Surely there must be a higher up you can go to about this. Workplace violence is not suppose to happen. This manager obviously does not care about your safety.

I know this sounds bad to say but I wonder what your manager would have said if the customer had assaulted you? What would she had said if you wanted to press charges.
                    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                      I know this sounds bad to say but I wonder what your manager would have said if the customer had assaulted you? What would she had said if you wanted to press charges.
                      I called the police on a customer once. Open container in the car, with a child unrestrained in the back seat. I'm sure I would have been written up if anyone found out. My personal favorite was the less incredulous

Me: She threatened to HIT ME
                      M: Well what did she want
                      Me: A refill or something
                      M: Well why didnt you give it to her
                      Me: Because policy says we're not to do that
                      M: I would have gave it to her
                      Me: We're not supposed to take things in through the window, its considered hazardous materials! Thats what I was trained on.
                      M: We give refills all the time.
                      Me: IN THE DINING ROOM. Not through drive! Its against policy!
                      M: Well I would have given it to her.

So basically free food all night tonight.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        ZOMG what? No, no, no. This is not normal. "Fast food" is not supposed to entail routine threats.

This attitude is so incredibly disgusting and disturbing. Screw "placating" people like this; these are not people you want as customers, because someday they just might snap and actually really hurt someone.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Comment

* hands Whiskey a big platter of spaghetti with homemade sauce and homemade meatballs *

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          its taking all my god drat will power not to go down there right now and toss my shirt (work, not the one i'd be wearing although..), name tag and hat on the counter and walk out.
                          I think you should. With the manager taking that attitude, that's a dangerous place to work.

Then, perhaps a lawsuit for hostile work environment . . .

Comment

I'm almost physically ill (holding back from throwing up atm) at the thought of going to work. If I puke at work, i'm going to puke right on the floor. Also, wearing an undershirt to work tonight, just in case.

Comment

I think it's time to polish up the résumé and look for another job. I know the job market is harsh now, but I'd still suggest you start looking. Try temp agencies too. You should not have to put up with that crap at work, especially with Spineless McDouchebag as a manager throwing you to the lions every day.

I wish you the best of luck.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Whiskey, some jobs ain't worth the money.
                                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Working...
                                X