Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fun week and a few stories (a bit long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fun week and a few stories (a bit long)

ahhhhh after the heat wave here and the nasty rain storms part 3.........

Old School Prank FAIL

sometimes I love the wonders of mondern technology

have not had this one for a long time. it was just too obvious.

answered the phone on Thrusday night around 11pm and the following conversation ensued. please note the "typos" are not typos. just the caller "trying" to sound gangsta

RM: <openning spiel/greeting> (but I do not get to finish it as dumbass caller starts to talk over me)

caller: YEAH I gots an order here and I wanna know where the HELL you is and why yous hasnt come down to takes it yet???

RM: I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong number. (as I am thinking PRANK) Please check the phone number on the ticket.

caller: WELL I gots a an order for 20 pizzas and three Cokes and I wants to know where you is. YA KNOW you give me the money and I gives yous the order. that is how we roll.

RM: I am sorry but I think you have the wrong number as this IS a pizza place...

Caller: I DO NOT CARE> I GOTS THIS HERE BIG ORDER WHERE THE HELLLS IS YOU????? I WANT MY MONEY!!!!

RM: sorry you have the wrong nubmer. this IS A PIZZA PLACE. thank you. (and I hang up on him)

we get this kind of call every now and then no big deal

DUMBASS calls back during the day on Friday and goes one short round with the day driver.

The GM in a moment of brillance hops on the phone before another call can come in and does a *69 on that imcoming line and lo and behold gets a phone number. on a whim he looks up the number in our system and ...

it is actually there (as in this number has ordered for delivery before so we even have an address).

GM get on the phone and calls the number back and get some stupid 12 year old. GM asks for customer BY NAME and dumb 12 year old says yes this is him. GM informs him that prank calls to a business is illegal and we could have the cops stop by and have a little chat with his parents.

dummy sputters something about leaving his phone over at a friends house and he will make sure that the "friend" will NEVER prank call again.

Yeah right dumbass we called the number and GOT YOU direct not your "friend".

OWNED

SSDD

this one is not really sucky but after about 6 months. or so you would think it would dawn on this person that something is amiss

there is this one customer who only orders every 3 or 4 weeks or so. and he orders via the Internet. most of the time he order around 10 pm when it is dark and very hard to see his address (but for me I know the house and address so I know where it is)

the down part is he NEVER answers the doorbell or knock. now I know this from getting his deliveries, so I have my cell phone out and partially dialed when I roll up to the house.

So I ring the doorbell...... wait ........ then knock hard......... no answer ........ calll on cell phone. get customer

customer staggers to the door and says "OH I did NOT hear you knock. I was upstairs". find whatever, at least he tips decent.

I do not care if you are having too much fun watching flys fuck on your bedroom ceiling or you are enjoying that LLama pron THAT much, but can you PLEASE, if you order pizza, you KNOW it will be there in whatever time frame ETA you are given, LISTEN FOR THE DOORBELL OR KNOCKING.

Credit Card Woes

Not really sucky, but there is more going on here than meets the eye

customer calls up last night and goes on a tirade to the GM. in and amonmgst the sputtering, the customer "claims" someone put a TIP on an order they had delivered a week ago. she stated (Admits) that they have not tipped a delivery driver since the companies added the delivery charge 9 years ago.

I guess they occasionally check their card on-line.

GM looks up the order, determines who delivered it and goes to the paper files to find the receipt and CC slip. It does indeed contain a $2 tip and is propery totalled. he calls the customer back and attempts to read the signiture on the slip. it turns out it is the husbands scrawl.

"WELL we DO NOT TIP since the delivery charge was imposed upon us".

Now the driver in question has no history of CC slip maipulation or anyother kind of shanangens. he is a long time vetern driver with NO history of bad stuff. . the tip/total and signiture all seem to be written in the same style of writing ie the lines are the same pressure/darkness/width and the cursive style is the same.

not sure about this one as it could go one of two ways. either the husband DID indeed tip and the wife has not figured this out in the past or someone did fool with the CC slip (either the driver or a Manager)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

not sure about this one as it could go one of two ways. either the husband DID indeed tip and the wife has not figured this out in the past or someone did fool with the CC slip (either the driver or a Manager)
    I'm going with the husband did tip and has been tipping, but hasn't been telling his wife. It does seem to be somewhat common for one spouse to tip behind the other's back.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I get that if someone did add a tip to the receipt, that's a big deal, and it's great that someone actually pays attention to their charges... but what an SC for not being willing to give the drivers anything. It's not the drivers' fault that their company puts on the delivery charge, and the only one's she's punishing is the driver. The company doesn't care if the driver get's shorted.

I wish people would realize that fee is NOT a tip.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        It does seem to be somewhat common for one spouse to tip behind the other's back.
        I did that all the time when I was married to Mr Tightwad McScrooge.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Oh, the delivery fee is "imposed" on her? How about this, lady: You drive over and get your own pizza, then you won't to pay a delivery charge or a tip. Oh, gas costs money? Yeah--hence a delivery fee.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

I do not care if you are having too much fun watching flys fuck on your bedroom ceiling or you are enjoying that LLama pron THAT much, but can you PLEASE, if you order pizza, you KNOW it will be there in whatever time frame ETA you are given, LISTEN FOR THE DOORBELL OR KNOCKING.

Thanks.. I lol'd..

As for the cheap nasty $2 tip bitch.. ugh.. way too much effing time on your hands.. or if you're that hard up for cash, don't order effin pizzas.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

I think the CC tip thing kinda reminded me of a conversation I had with a CW a few weeks past. I work the inside so tips not really happening that often, especially not on CC's. Usually they don't want to wait on the 3 cents in change they would get their food and then turn around and leave. But this particular customer tipped me 5 dollars on a CC, I was actually a bit dumbstruck quiet honestly. After the customer left though is what kinda annoyed me.

CW: Why did he tip you, you didn't do anything but hand him his pizzas?
              Me: *Looks around store (it was late at night)* Do you see anyone else in here besides me and you?
              CW: No, what does that have to do with anything?
              Me: Well he probably had the common sense to realize that I just cooked his food for him.

Comment

LISTEN FOR THE DOORBELL OR KNOCKING.
                dang i'm super nice to my delivery guy then. i got in the habit of going downstairs to pick up the pizza at the car. saves them the trip of having to walk up.

as for tip... if i'm doing ccard i tip via that or write cash on it.

or i make sure i have enough cash on hand to cover both the order and the tip

cos if i'm not mistaken "delivery charge" is just for the gas that's spent in order to deliever
                but the tip is for the driver specifically
                Last edited by PepperElf; 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  cos if i'm not mistaken "delivery charge" is just for the gas that's spent in order to deliever
                  but the tip is for the driver specifically
                  I know that this isn't the same for every pizza place, but:

For one of the local ones, the 'delivery charge' goes to the company. The driver gets a set amount from the company towards their gas (not sure how it is calculated) and according to my friend who used to work there, the gas money often is not the full cost of the gas used per month for deliveries. So if you want the delivery guy to get anything above his wage, it has to be a separate tip.

Comment

Working...
                  X