This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaga over demons and full rooms.

I like Gaga's music (In small doses) but her little 'monster' fans, not so much. We have a lobby full of them and they are drunkenly going to bed. (Finally!)

While they're here, a few of them in costume, I seem to be getting slammed by phone calls. There's a riverfest going on (Metallica Coverband plays tonight ), Gaga's concert, and Toby Keith / Trace Adkins concert, along with 2 class reunions (Split between me and Holiday). So, yep, Everyone in town, and around us, is full.

One lady comes through the door, see's all the Gaga fans and asks, loudly, "What is this, a drag hotel?"

Well, this is off to a wonderful start, yes?

I explain that I'm sold out, so unless she has a reservation, I can't check her in. "I stay here all the time, I have a direct bill."

Me: "Yes Ma'am and all that direct bill means is that you're not paying for your room, the company is, and you're getting their rate. It does not ever guarantee you a room without a reservation."

"But I have a direct bill!"

Lather, Rinse, Repeat about 7-8 times.

she finally leaves.

Paging Gravekeeper!
    Please, keep your callers, I don't want them! :P

Me: *spiel*
    Lady on phone: "I need to reach someone."
    Me: "Alright, do you have their name?"
    Lady: "Ummmmm...."
    Me: "Or possibly room number?"
    Lady: "UHHHH?"
    *click*

I love being me.
    See, in high school, I was the little girl picked on. Now, I'm not. I've learned not to keep my mouth shut all the time and I've also learned that the people that picked on me in HS, mostly have grown up. Not one chicky. She's here with a wedding party and when she saw I was the one at the desk, she thought she'd have a bit of a highschool throwback. Yeah.. bout that.

BFH= Bitch From Highschool
    Me: Duh.?

BFH: "Aww, look you have a job.."
    Me: "Been here for two years.. Is there something you need?" *polite tone*
    BFH: "A rollaway.."
    Me: "Sorry, they're all taken already." *Knows, she just checked*
    BFH: "You didn't even look!"
    Me: "I actually got a phone call before you, from another guest. They're all taken."
    BFH: "I think you just don't want to help me. You don't like me. Didn't like I'm prettier or smarter.. and I have a better job."
    Me: *Decided hell with it, I'll take the complaint if i get it* "No, not really. I've got a job I like, a relationship I've had for four years, and my job is definitely more fun, I get to wear more clothing than you, and I'm not looked at like meat."

She stomped off. I know it wasn't NICE to do, but I feel a bit better. 4 years of abuse from her, solved in a minute and half.

I SAID NO!
    Kid came RUNNING down here, with a beer in his hand (I say kid, he's alil younger than me) asking if I could have beer.
    Me: "not on the clock.."
    Kid: "So.. clock out and party with us!"
    Me: "Nope, sorry. I can't."
    Kid: "So can we party?"
    Me: "Long as it's quiet."

He walked away, figured that was that. Wrong! 20 minutes later, a noise complaint was brought to the desk from a lovely couple, about music and yelling and 'loud sex.'

So, I went upstairs, it's just the guy and his girlfriend dancing and have fun. I knocked on the door, told them to be quiet, this was the only warning and the next time I'd just send a cop up, because I Had already warned them once about noise.

The girl, very drunk, asks if I want to join them for Sex. me: "Nope. Got a boyfriend, I'm good. Just keep the noise down please." I turn to leave, and she grabbed my waist.
    I pulled away, went downstairs, and called a cop because now, I don't feel comfortable AT all.
    >.<

Side note:
    YAY! I got the cop that frigging hates my hotel! He says we only take in druggies, drunks and sluts, and apparently, anyone that works here is moonlighting as a prostitute. And according to him, I'm racist. goddess help me, I've never been tempted to tell a cop to go to hell. but I am right now.

Demons come in wooden amulets
    I bought a wooden amulet that has the symbol for tiger on it (It's my chinese zodiac sign ). Lady came in, saw that with my pentacle and damn near had a heart attack. Now I'm apparently a weapon yielding, demon worshipper.

You aren't full!
    I like BHSkitty, had a wedding party in tonight (Thankfully, they are quiet). But as they had a late wedding (Married at 7pm, Reception at 8), they're still gone. (The matron of honor took them to the drag show MUAHAHA to continue their drinking )

Lady comes to the door, hits the button ( PUSH IT ONCE YOU DITZ!) and asks if we have rooms. When I explain that no, I'm sold out, she freaks. "You aren't full! There's still parking spaces."

Me: "Ma'am, there is always more parking spaces than rooms available at any hotel. It's for the people who take two vehicles to get here. I assure you, I am full."

Repeat myself a few more times as she demands to talk to the manager (Yes, because at Midnight, I feel like waking up my mother for you.. NOT!). I calmly explain I can't do that, as this isn't an emergency. Her retort? "I'll call the cops then. They'll make you let me in."

Me;" If you think you must ma'am, here's the number.."

Surprisingly, she left. Wonder why..

Heyheyhey!

We're 'Little Monsters' not little 'monsters.'

You know. Just...making sure you know.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Love the HS payback. :-)

I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga but I like some of her music. Not so much her videos.
      But she just granted a wish to one of our wish kids and I have more respect for her as a person.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        I like Gaga's music
        I would too if she ever produced any.

Is it wrong to admit to being a SHW fanboy?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I has a fanboy? Nifty I was gonna ask if I was bad I was your fan LOL I like how you handle goofyass people too.

LOL Sorry Tama!

Comment

I'm sure the cops would have loved to have given her a "room" if she'd called them....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

One lady comes through the door, see's all the Gaga fans and asks, loudly, "What is this, a drag hotel?"
              A friend of my mother's spends a lot of time in India (I think I've posted about her before - the museum worker who once identifed the one ring ). She found herself somewhere remote she'd never been before. and the hotel she'd been booked into was entirely run by transvestites.

Apparently they were SO disappointed. It isn't somewhere very touristy and they got really excited about having a western woman in the hotel - as they wanted to see her clothes and stuff. But this woman doesn't wear makeup, has short hair, no or very discreet jewellery, almost always wears trousers (but doesn't in anyway dress or look like a man). They were quite upset.

(India is very weird about transvestites. It's not a good country in which to be gay, but transvestites are kind of seen as seperate and can spend all their time with other transvestites, and while very much apart from everyone else are tolerated. Also religious men sometimes dress as women where they have connections to goddesses. And then there are eunochs who often seem to be people who cut things off in the absence of available sex changes and who are considered lucky and invited to weddings....)

Side note:[/I][/B] YAY! I got the cop that frigging hates my hotel! He says we only take in druggies, drunks and sluts, and apparently, anyone that works here is moonlighting as a prostitute. And according to him, I'm racist. goddess help me, I've never been tempted to tell a cop to go to hell. but I am right now.
              If you were moonlighting as a prostitute you wouldn't call the police when invited to join guests for sex....

Idiot policeman.

Victoria J

Comment

(India is very weird about transvestites. It's not a good country in which to be gay, but transvestites are kind of seen as seperate and can spend all their time with other transvestites, and while very much apart from everyone else are tolerated. Also religious men sometimes dress as women where they have connections to goddesses. And then there are eunochs who often seem to be people who cut things off in the absence of available sex changes and who are considered lucky and invited to weddings....)
                There's actually a patron goddess of transvestites in India. Bahuchara is the goddess of hijras, who act sort of as her vessels. Hijras are lower-class, but are commonly thought to possess shamanic type powers. Thought I'd share.

Back on topic, there's a BUNCH of people from my high school that I'd LOVE to have th opportunity to talk back at now.
                We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

I was gonna ask if I was bad I was your fan LOL I like how you handle goofyass people too.

LOL Sorry Tama!
                  Don't apologize. You can be more than one person's fanboy/girl. Hell, I'm also a Lupo fanboy, an Argabarga (sp?), and pretty much a fanboy of anyone in my same profession.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Don't apologize. You can be more than one person's fanboy/girl. Hell, I'm also a Lupo fanboy, an Argabarga (sp?), and pretty much a fanboy of anyone in my same profession.
                    You can add me to those, also the divine Gravekeeper of course.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Hero, you and a few others, are well stalked on here :P

Comment

While I'm not a big believer in hitting people back they way they hit you, I think you did an excellent job with the person who didn't realise you'd left high school! Most of why she was offended was just the fact that you stood up for yourself, and didn't turn into a quivering blob of tears. And frankly, if that offends you, you deserve to be offended.

Comment

Yeah. I wasn't supposed to stand up for myself. Always threw her off when I would..

Comment

BFH: "Aww, look you have a job.."
                            Me: "Been here for two years.. Is there something you need?" *polite tone*
                            BFH: "A rollaway.."
                            Me: "Sorry, they're all taken already." *Knows, she just checked*
                            BFH: "You didn't even look!"
                            Me: "I actually got a phone call before you, from another guest. They're all taken."
                            BFH: "I think you just don't want to help me. You don't like me. Didn't like I'm prettier or smarter.. and I have a better job."
                            Me: *Decided hell with it, I'll take the complaint if i get it* "No, not really. I've got a job I like, a relationship I've had for four years, and my job is definitely more fun, I get to wear more clothing than you, and I'm not looked at like meat."

She stomped off. I know it wasn't NICE to do, but I feel a bit better. 4 years of abuse from her, solved in a minute and half.
                            Woo hoo!!! All of us who were in your shoes salute you!

I almost wish I could do that. I've only seen a few HS bullies after HS. The ones who picked on me were always polite in the real world. Go figure.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's because when they hit college (or just after college) they realize the real world isn't going to treat them like royalty, like mummy and daddy did.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X