This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, you're DRIVING a SEMI?!?!?

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened. In fact, I'm sorry to say this is almost a regular occurrence now.

*ring ring*
    Me: *spiel*
    Guest: *gives info about what room he wants*
    Guest: And I see you have truck parking?
    Me: *WTH? Where'd you read that?!?!* No, we don't, but there's a vacant lot next door you can park at.
    Guest: That's okay.
    Me: And do you have a credit card to guarantee the room with?
    Guest: Yeah, I do. Bear with me one moment, I'm driving.

Me:

So, he's hauling a trailer, driving (presumably on the Interstate), while holding a cell phone and trying to read off his credit card?!?!

I'm scared to share the road with these people!

Also, I checked our website and our directory, and nowhere does it say we offer truck parking, so I don't know where he thought he saw that.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

At least you gave him and honest answer. Once I was driving a U-Haul van towing a pickup truck. I stopped at a motel for the night, and asked if I was able to drive all the way through their parking lot, which surrounded the motel. I had no skill for backing up a van with a towed vehicle. The clerk told me I could. So I drove into the parking lot thinking I could drive on around in the morning. Turns out there was no exit. I had to unhook the pickup, reattach the driveshaft, which was disconnected for towing, turn each one around, and hook it all up again. I was not happy.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Also, I checked our website and our directory, and nowhere does it say we offer truck parking, so I don't know where he thought he saw that.
      Some companies publish guides that list places that trucks can park at. Since there is a vacant lot by your hotel, some guide probably has your hotel listed as truck parking even though it isn't your lot.

Comment

Or he input the address into Gogle Earth and seen the lot and took it as being the hotels....

Comment

In 5 out of 10 canadian provinces it is ILLEGAL to use your cell phone while driving. Though that doesn't stop people. Hell, I saw a woman reading a NOVEL while driving. *shudders*

You should look up in guide books to see if they are saying that you have truck parking.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

It's illegal where I live...but that doesn't stop my brother...who then has the nerve to get mad at me when I insist he stop...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
            X