Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I really look like I'm available to help you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really look like I'm available to help you?

First one's not exactly sucky because the woman was nice, and thanked me for my patience, but if your young grandson wants to bring his piggy bank of more than $25 dollars in loose change, 3/4 of it in pennies and nickels, and buy a video game with it, maybe you could take it to a bank first?

Could barely fit all the change in my cash drawer.

For the title story, I'm working on a contract for a customer. Now, it's a long process, but I try and make it as quick as I can by doing as much as I can, so I'm activating her phone with one hand and ringing her up/taking her money with the other hand, so I would figure I look busy.

Apparently not so much, as two women come up, come behind my counter when I don't immediately acknowledge them and say "We need help with TVs" in a tone that makes it clear they expect me to just jump to and rush over to help them. No can do, ladies. The young woman I'm helping has been extremely patient throughout the whole piggy bank deal, so I'm going to get her finished before I do anything else, even if she does start to tell me to help you since you seem to so urgently need your TV assistance.

hugs to the awesome young woman though. Yes, it's a long process to check your credit with each phone company (We do Sprint now, yay), but you were nice, and patient, and friendly, So enjoy your new Blackberry ^_^
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

It's always nice to have polite customers.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Of course you were available! That other customer is nothing.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth raine_naoe View Post
        First one's not exactly sucky because the woman was nice, and thanked me for my patience, but if your young grandson wants to bring his piggy bank of more than $25 dollars in loose change, 3/4 of it in pennies and nickels, and buy a video game with it, maybe you could take it to a bank first?
        Wow. It's nice to see someone not being a jerk about it. However I can think of a reason why to come straight to you with the change. CoinStar and other machines as well as many banks charge you to convert the change. Some banks charge you even if you're a customer of the bank.

So I can understand the reasoning. Again at least they were nice and polite about it.

As for the other story, yet another example of how people think that the world revolves around them and how they think that the rest of the six-plus billion people in the world exist solely to be their slaves.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

When there was an emergency on campus that caused everyone from my dorm to have to go to the Main dorm, I experienced something like the second half of your story. I was on the radio with Security, and the phone with the police. Lights were flashing, I was juggling things, it was loud. And a group of first years pointed at their mail boxes and told me to hand them their newpapers so they could occupy themselves until they could go back to bed. I was on the phone with the POLICE! Student Entertainment was not my top priority.

Other times I would have a line for the desk that went down the stairs, and some one would run up, and stand to the side of the desk and ask for something. Usually the mail.

Some people are just blind to everything but that they want.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Another case of the is a line,but I'm special. Had one recenlty I am by myself, had two customers in line when a 3rd walks up, where they can very clearly see me helping others.

SC: Hellllllllllooooooooooooooooo! Helllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
            Me: I will be with you, when I finish with these customers. It should only be a couple minutes.
            SC: But, but. I need < simple task>
            Me: it will be a couple minutes.

The SCs mumble to themselves about our awful service and looking at me with the cat-butt face all the time. When I get to them they then spend more time arguing on the details then they waited in line. Really, you couldn't figure out the specifics of what you wanted while you waited.

Comment

Working...
            X