This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A *smart* warranty dodger

I got a call some days ago, an IT technician telling me that one of the drives we support just stopped working, out of the blue.
    I go through all the troubleshooting, what he says makes perfect sense, I have all the information I need to confirm that the drive indeed has the issue the caller claims it has and needs to be replaced - which we do for free under a three-year warranty. So I ask the man for serial and model number. Which he provides.
    I double-check, I see that the drive seems to be out of warranty by a couple of months - but our database shows the date of manufacturing, and the warranty runs from the date of purchase. So I ask the customer for a proof of purchase, which is where he starts huffing and puffing because of "all the bureaucracy" and "where is customer service" and so on. Of course he can have it replaced even if it is out of warranty - only, for a price.

The following day he faxes us an invoice that puts the drive *just* within warranty. I call him back, arrange pickup of the defective drive, all the drills.

Fast forward to yesterday, our repair centre calls to tell me that they received the wrong drive. I write the customer (he wasn't picking up the phone) asking for a proof of purchase for the drive he sent.
    He doesn't reply directly to us - but he copies us in an e-mail he is sending to (I assume) his finance department. Which says something like "Well, the [brand] guys are now checking the models too. Can you create an invoice that puts it under warranty or should we pay to get it fixed?"

Now, I get trying to scam us - but copying us in the e-mail discussing the scam?

Everything is in my supervisor's hands now.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Oops a daisy!
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This should be fun.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        This should be fun.
        Will keep you all updated when (if) he writes or calls back.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

!!!

My email response: "I heard that."
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

What a brilliant specimen he is!
            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

"All is known."

Comment

And no doubt it never occurred to him that it might be fraud, because refusing to help him is always poor customer service.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  !!!

My email response: "I heard that."
                  And Cc:'ed to his higher-ups (accidently of course)
                  "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                  -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Send a fresh email."we know what you did. IT sees all"
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Send him this in an email...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Thank you, thank you, El Pollo, for starting my day of with a good laugh!
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Speaking of LOLCats, everytime I see this picture it makes me think of Seraph (i think its Seraph who posts his/her web design SCs. Dont kill me if its not please )

Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Any update?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              Any update?
                              ...believe it or not... no updates, no replies.
                              The drive is still sitting at the repair centre, my supervisor is off until tomorrow. We will know more then.
                              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Comment

Working...
                              X