X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdo

Guest: Dave, I rented a villa and I have a small dog

Me: sorry that property is not pet friendly but I do have one that is

Guest: Dave, I cant stay there. It is not five star or oceanfront. Thats unacceptable. I need to bring the dog to this unit. Let me tell you what happened. My mom just died and it's her dog and I want to spread her ashes on the beach while I walk the dog.

Me: well I am very sorry but the home is not pet friendly

Guest: well pet friendly or not, I have to bring the dog. I dont care what you say. These are special circumstances and you are just going to have to be more flexible, thats all there is to it.

Me: Ok I will let the manager know

Guest: and you better not even think of charging me a fee either because I am not agreeing to pay it

CLICK

Yeah, the only people who can get away with that "I refuse to pay a pet fee" thing are those with service animals... and that's only if the service animals don't cause damage to the property. If I take my service dog to a hotel and she chews up a nightstand, I'm still on the hook for the nightstand.

Dude, there's a reason the place is "fivestar": they don't let people bring their poorly trained animals! I'll bet Mom's little snookie-yums is going to be spread his own little tribute on that same beach, which is probably why the animals aren't allowed there.

On a side-note, I've always liked how the term "pet-friendly" is used. The place is not pet-friendly, like the house is going to growl at the dog or try to slam its tail in a door.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      On a side-note, I've always liked how the term "pet-friendly" is used. The place is not pet-friendly, like the house is going to growl at the dog or try to slam its tail in a door.
      It could always be in the same way in which my house is not "child friendly." Between the sharp, pointy objects hanging on many walls, the cats that take no nonsense, and the border collie who doesn't like kids, and the great dane who leans into you to be petted its just not the safest of locations for someone born after, say, '98 or so.

Comment

Oh lordy, what a difficult call to take. Anything that pulls at the 'ol heartstrings plus tries to manipulate you by vaguely suggesting you might be dishonoring a beloved person's memory....ouch.

I suspect the guest is going to be surprised at how much it costs to clean up after a small little sweet dog. Accidents, chewing, scratches...check. Removal of pet hair and dander...check. In order to make a 5-star vacation home whole again...well, that's gotta be expensive.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We like people who sneak pets in to our hotel. They get charged $250 for cleaning on top of the room rate and they have to remove the animal if mid stay. We do have a list of local places that will board their pets. If we're feeling generous we might allow them to just pay the fee and leave for a hotel with pet rooms without getting charged for the room rate.

The ones that really get to me are the idiots who remove the animal and put it in their car when it's 95+ in summer or severe negatives in winter. Those special individuals get to talk to the police.

Comment

I am really sorry for the crap you put up, but I would miss your posts if you only had nice people to deal with.

Stay sane, or try to!

Comment

if that person was trying to use the sympathy card, they're beyond full of fail.

who in the hell rents a place, knowing they'll have a dog, that is not pet friendly.

oh yeah; these idiots.

i also think there might be some sort of ordinance that requires permission to dump ashes? something to think about...and call the police if they're violating laws.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

i'm betting there'll be a very angry call... when he finds out that he WILL be charged

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  Guest: Dave, I rented a villa and I have a small dog

Me: sorry that property is not pet friendly but I do have one that is
                  This suggests to me that he...neglected...to mention the animal when making the original reservation.
                  Guest: and you better not even think of charging me a fee either because I am not agreeing to pay it

CLICK
                  ...Thus, he doesn't get the priveledge of deciding whether to pay the fee or not. Me, I'd even tack on a 10% Asshole Tax.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Pets are not allowed. What part of that do you not understand?

Comment

I love my cat, in fact I worship her (I don't get a choice. She demands it). But I know she doesn't belong anywhere except in my apartment. If I had to go somewhere, I'd let my brother stay in my house in my absense, though I do wonder if the cat would take better care of him than he would of her.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yes, because walking the dog while spreading ashes requires that you stay in a five-star location.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                          Yes, because walking the dog while spreading ashes requires that you stay in a five-star location.
                          You beat me to it.

And I second the part about local laws and ashes. Many places consider them a biohazard and it's against the law to spread them anywhere. Not that that stops most people from doing it...
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Falor View Post
                            It could always be in the same way in which my house is not "child friendly." Between the sharp, pointy objects hanging on many walls, the cats that take no nonsense, and the border collie who doesn't like kids, and the great dane who leans into you to be petted its just not the safest of locations for someone born after, say, '98 or so.
                            ...or the way my home is not child friendly because I would eat any small child that came over the threshold ....*cough*
                            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                            -Red

Comment

Working...
                            X