This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Want a Gift Card Because I'm Never Shopping Here Again

Yesterday, a customer returned some corn but she didn't have a receipt so I asked for ID which she gave me. She told me that she wanted to be reimbursed and that she would never shop at the store again. Since it's store policy to give a gift card if the customer doesn't have a receipt and the return is over a certain amount, I put a gift card through. The customer told me not to have her repeat something (can't remember what is was) twice and she got angry when I handed her the gift card which she refused.

I paged the store director who came over and the customer explained the situation. I was on the verge of giving the customer cash back so she would leave. Luckily, the store director allowed me to do that and the customer left a moment later with the cash. The store director decided to buy the gift card that the customer didn't want.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I... Wouldn't have given her the cash. If she really doesn't want to shop there ever again, that's her own personal choice. Not your fault she doesn't want to use the gift card!

Comment

Sometimes to get rid of the really horrible ones it is worth the loss of a little cash. Though of course, most likely she will be in later to shop anyhow.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I totally understand the temptation, but I'm so stubborn...I dig my heels in and recite policy when they're acting like that.

'Course, makes it easier that I'm on the phone.

I skirt the rules for decent customers all the time, but the sucky ones can blargle 'til they're blue in the face. They eventually give up.

Come to think of it, I got 'you people'*d quite a bit today. Perhaps I need to start a thread.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Sometimes to get rid of the really horrible ones it is worth the loss of a little cash. Though of course, most likely she will be in later to shop anyhow.
          At my store, you only refund money if the goods are actually faulty. If they don't fit / aren't needed / customer changed their mind, they get store credit and that's it. However sometimes the supervisors will bend the rules - for example, the customer I got a week or two ago. She just kept repeating 'But I gave cash for it, I should get cash back!' again and again until finally the supervisor gave her the cash (it wasn't very much) just to get her out of the way as the queues were building up.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I will bet a SHINY Nickel that she is back at the store within a month.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I would absolutely hate doing returns at a grocery store. It was bad enough at the hardware store if they did a return without receipt, but at least if it was one of the (relatively few) store branded products, we would know it came from one of ours.

Or, if not store brand, at least if it was a brand/product we carried. (Unless, of course in either case, the product had been stripped of all packaging/labels.) But then there's no guarantee they bought it from our company, or even bought it at all.

But, to have to return something like produce, there's no way purplecat could have known whether this SC bought it at her (or a sister) store, the produce stand down the road that sells it for 2/3 purple's store's price, or out of the SC's own friggin' garden (or even the food bank/pantry).

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                I would absolutely hate doing returns at a grocery store.
                And it seems that some of those who do process returns at grocery stores do it with their eyes closed.

I've been on the back door for the past nine shifts (covering a vacation) which with my company means I handle all the damaged non-perishables (and whatever perishables get put in the wrong place, separate soapbox ). Saturday one of our recent transfers was in and out of our back room to ask me what to do with this or that, where x, y, and z went, that sort of thing. One of the things she brought back, having found it with the various rejects up front, was a used air filter.

And I don't mean lightly used, either.

I live in a house filled with two humans, five cats, three dogs, two gerbils, and a pigeon and it would take about a month for us to make an air filter that dirty. (I should know, I've had a couple times where I lost track of which week was my every second week cycle for changing it)

And someone accepted it as a return?

Comment

Working...
                X