This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plight Of Mr Fufukins

Oi...you know I only worked 3 shifts this week and still, STILL they haunt me.

Finally, My Reputation Proceeds Me

C: “Oh, I think I’ve called the wrong number.”
    Me: “Alright-“
    C: “Please forgive me!”

Very well, peasant. Normally I would not be so lenient, but seeing as you had the foresight to beg for mercy for your transgression from the get go. I will spare you, just this once.

But do not let this happen again, for I will not be so merciful a second time.

Sympathy
    ( This is all being delivered in a Punjabi accent. >< )

Me: “Good evening, <comp-“
    SC: “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR FUCKING SHITTY FUCKING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!@%&)@% FUCKING CREDIT CARDS!!”

It is difficult to be sympathetic and render assistance when these are the first words presented to me after I answer the line. Also, I will probably hang up on you. Because really, I am employed to specifically to do tier 1 support for this client. Not to be instructed on which objects I can insert into what orifice.

SC: “WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HANG UP ON ME?!”
    Me: “Because you were swearing at me, sir. I will hang up on you again if you continue.”
    SC: “FUCK YOU, MOTHER FUCKING FUCKER!$!*_&”

Ah, wait, I see what's going on here. You’re right, I am the one at fault here and surely deserve this juvenile tongue lashing. Without your credit card system working, your store cannot make enough money to cover your bills and expenses. Such as the ones for the anger management courses you surely must be attending if this call is any indication. Really, this crazed outburst is just an emergency release valve and the only thing preventing you from stabbing a street vendor in the face with a pen.

So very well sir, I shall accept your misplaced rage. If only to save the life of an unwitting taco vendor.

Clearly, This is Most Dire

SC: “He’s making a lot of noise up there!!”
    Me: “Alright-“
    SC: “EVEN THE CAT IS AFRAID!”

Oh, well, if even Mr Fufukins is afraid then it must be bad. I shall dispatch first responders immediately.

The Saga

SC: “Ish <lawyer> der?”

Oh lord. Not you again. Don’t you dare start this again. I am not in the mood for your particular brand of fuckery. Also, it’s 6:30 in the morning! How the hell are you already drunk?!

Me: “What’s your phone number please?”
    SC: “Oh my gawwwhhdd. I don’ known ma own number.”

Well, at least one of us is surprised by this particular revelation.

Me: “They only take urgent calls this early, what’s the problem?”
    SC: “Problem ish I wanna get a hold of em!!”

I would not classify that as urgent. I would not even qualify that as “mildly pressing”. In fact I believe our client classified it as, to quote, "an aggravating nuisance".

Me: “You’re going to have to be more specific, its 6:30 in the morning-“
    SC: “Hesh not up?! I jush got up!! He should be!”

No, no he is not. It is 6:30am on a Saturday. Unlike you, he hasn’t been trapped in an unending loop of heavy drinking and random bouts of unconsciousness since, well, June. Also, I was working from the benefit of the doubt, assuming that maybe you were just on the last legs of another fantastic bender. But you say you just got up? So you somehow managed to achieve twice the legal blood alcohol limit between your bed and the phone?

That's rather impressive.

Me: “Well no, whats going on? Is it an emergency?”
    SC: “Dish an emergnecy! I hafta go to court in a WEEK!”

Oh, well, in a week you say. Surely this is an emergency then! I mean there’s only 7 whole days left! Whatever will you do?! I shall rouse your lawyer from his slumber immediately and brief him on the gravity of the situation.

Gee, Wonder What You're Up Too?

Me: “And your name please?”
    SC: “Steeeeeeven”
    Me: “Is that with a V or a PH?”
    SC: “Uh, Sssssss.”

My, you’re a swift one, aren’t you? Very well, Stesen. What would you like?

Me: “Alright, what size?”
    SC: “….meeeeeeeeeeeedium.”
    Me: “What colour?”
    SC: “Blaaaaaaaaack, bro”

Are you sure you wouldn’t like something that goes with the colours you see trailing behind your hands right now? Perhaps yellow or pink? Something in a nice florescent? Though I warn you I don’t have anything in the colour “I CAN SEE GOD”.

Out With A Bang

C: “We have a deceased male here. Him and his girlfriend were having an, er....let's say intimate moment when went into cardiac arrest.“

Hey, if you've gotta go, at least go as a potential Fark headline.

It'd Hold Up In Court.....Right?

I wonder if there has even been a legal case where “Butchering Stairway to Heaven” has been used as a successful defense to an assault charge? Because there’s a street “musician” up around Granville that has piqued my interest in the matter.

You Don't Say

SC: “Hi, I rally need someonsh halp.”

….alright.

SC: “I think I lef ma keys at da liquor shtore.”

You know, it’s funny you should say that. As that was going to be my first guess. Well, ok maybe not that specifically. But I was quite confident a liquor store was going to be involved at some point in the story.

You're Not Helping

SC: “Someone put soap in the toilet.”
    Me: “Alright…..and they need a plumber?”
    SC: “I guess.”
    Me: “Alright, sorry, it just doesn’t sound like something you'd really need a plumber for. What do they need to the plumber to do?”
    SC: “I don’t know.”

Its this sort of concise, direct to the point answers that I truly appreciate when I’m gathering information for a potential service call. I especially enjoy scenarios where I’m put in the position of “Well, let’s call the on call service guy and see if he laughs in my face or not”. Those are my favourite. I like having a barometer of my job performance that involves a client’s bitter laughter and/or scorn.

And yes, he did end up putting down a few hundred for after hours emergency service. So I imagine the service guy was laughing at some point this evening.

Hot Tips

SC: “I just want you to know that Prince Charles is PC and Proud. He’s also known as Pedophile Charlie.”
    Me: “…….”
    SC: “At least that’s what Jesus calls him.”

Annnd there’s a phrase that should tell you absolutely everything you need to know about this individual caller. “At least that’s what Jesus calls him.”. Note the present tense. As if Jesus currently refers to Prince Charles by this affectionate pet name. Which….honestly seems a bit out of character for Jesus. But I mean, what do I know? He doesn’t talk to me on a daily basis, unlike a certain caller.

Seriously though, Jesus is worse at nick names then George Bush.

My Point Exactly

Me: "Alright, anything else?"
    SC: "Uh, wait. You can talk to the woman. I'm not a girl so I don't know where the jackets are in the catalog."

Annnnnd that sums it up all quite nicely. Ye old rampant sexism in the nether regions of the continent. See there's one prevailing theme that tends to rear its ugly head in the majority of calls on this line. No, not drug abuse. Though that one ranks pretty high. No, I'm referring to the "YOU DO IT, WOMAN!" thing.

See 90% of the time, if a caller is female on this line, its because they're placing the order for a male. Who is typically in the background, barking shit at her like drunken French monarch. This is an almost universal truth amongst all the calls I've taken over the years. If the caller is female, they are performing the task for a loud, disinterested or angry male in the background. If the caller is male, its because they're single and/or their mom/sister isn't home.

So pencil that one onto the list of wonderful traits for this particular line. Along with the substance abuse, lack of education, ignorance, horrific cardboard chewing stupidity, complete lack of financial sense and the misappropriation of government funds for MP3 sunglasses.

I really, really hate this line sometimes. It'd be fine if there was some variety, but these are literally the only people that call. Literally. Absolutely no one else from no where else ever calls. Because everyone else has the sense to either use the website or call during sane hours.

annnd rest. Particularly tired today. Maybe more later. -.-

You're late!

Very disappointed in you!

Thanks for the late night funnies.

ETA: So, the guy in the toilet story is angry that someone tried to CLEAN his toilet? If someone resorted to desperate measures, such as using soap, instead of Pine Sol..i can only imagine the state it was in before.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      You're late!
      I went for a 2 hour nap, it did not go as planned. >.>

Comment

The Dark Lord graces us with his stories. We are not worthy.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Not to be instructed on which objects I can insert into what orifice.
        I'm sure your fangirls may have a few suggestions.
        Last edited by Mr Hero; 07-26-2010, 04:49 AM.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Jesus is worse at nick names then George Bush.
          Poor Jesus. The bar was set SO LOW.

So, what Tier level do you need to "be instructed on which objects I can insert into what orifice"?

Comment

I went for a 2 hour nap, it did not go as planned. >.>
            I smell ya, homie.

My 2 hour naps tend to last about 6....and then i go back to bed shortly thereafter.

All is forgiven.

Comment

Sometimes I wish that I had to deal with stupid people. Just so I could deal with people. *Looks around empty hotel and sighs* I'm lonely and I need entertainment. I suppose I will just have to be pleased with your stories.

I know this is inappropriate but was the woman.....Trapped under her late lover until the emergency services personnel arrived?
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Gravekeeper, thank you. I know it is hard to live through things like this, but laughter is the best medicine you know. I will probably be laughing at these for some time to come.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Out With A Bang

C: “We have a deceased male here. Him and his girlfriend were having an, er....let's say intimate moment when went into cardiac arrest.“

Hey, if you've gotta go, at least go as a potential Fark headline.
                  I guess you could say the dude came and gone.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

At least it appears that your journeys on the sky chariot were uneventful, which surprises me because it's summer and the Celebration of Lights were going on. Either fate was kind or you have yet to get over the trauma and are not ready to talk about it yet (or you are simply use to the skytrain antics and are no longer fazed?).
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Sympathy
                      SC: “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR FUCKING SHITTY FUCKING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!@%&)@% FUCKING CREDIT CARDS!!”
                      haven't finished reading it yet, but just had to post before i forgot,

So just what did they say that was so bad that it had to be bleeped by "@%&)@%"? If its flanked by Shitty and Fucking its gotta be bad!
                      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Darkforge you probably do not want to know. Probably something in the Necronomicon that would be used to summon Cthulu or such.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Me: “And your name please?”
                          SC: “Steeeeeeven”
                          Me: “Is that with a V or a PH?”
                          SC: “Uh, Sssssss.”

My, you’re a swift one, aren’t you? Very well, Stesen. What would you like?
                          Maybe his name was Stefen? "S" and "F" sound pretty similar on digital phone lines. Many's the time someone spells his name out to me and I say, "Now is that F as in Frank, or F as in Fam?" Nobody twigs...

Comment

No, no he is not. It is 6:30am on a Saturday. Unlike you, he hasn’t been trapped in an unending loop of heavy drinking and random bouts of unconsciousness since, well, June.
                            As much as this guy is annoying as HELL, your write-ups and "thought processes" are amusing even further. At least he's funnier than Hot Tips guy.
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

SC: “Ish <lawyer> der?”

Oh lord. Not you again. Don’t you dare start this again. I am not in the mood for your particular brand of fuckery. Also, it’s 6:30 in the morning! How the hell are you already drunk?!

Me: “What’s your phone number please?”
                              SC: “Oh my gawwwhhdd. I don’ known ma own number.”

Well, at least one of us is surprised by this particular revelation.

Me: “They only take urgent calls this early, what’s the problem?”
                              SC: “Problem ish I wanna get a hold of em!!”

I would not classify that as urgent. I would not even qualify that as “mildly pressing”. In fact I believe our client classified it as, to quote, "an aggravating nuisance".

I will never go to school!

Comment

Working...
                              X