This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't want to give to charity, fine. No need to make stupid comments

This quick story comes courtesy of my friend's wife. I told her about customerssuck.com, let's hope she'll visit the website.
    She was working the cash register at the place she works, and she is supposed to ask everyone if they would like to make a small donation to charity.
    Her: Hi, would you like to make a donation to "Save the children" today?
    Idiot: No, I don't want to make a donation to them! Let the children save themselves! You should be giving that money to old people, not kids!
    Once again the stupidity of customers never ceases to amaze me, but I guess I shoud be used to it by now. How the hell can the kids save themselves? They're just kids, you stupid moron.
    Nobody has to give their money away to charity if they don't want to obviously, but it really makes me wonder why customers think they can make stupid comments like that instead of simply saying no. They probably don't realize just how stupid they sound, or maybe they do know and just don't give a dam.

That one drives me nuts too. It's a yes or no answer. Take your issues home with you where someone who MIGHT give a shit about you will listen.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      Nobody has to give their money away to charity if they don't want to obviously, but it really makes me wonder why customers think they can make stupid comments like that instead of simply saying no. They probably don't realize just how stupid they sound, or maybe they do know and just don't give a dam.
      Or they don't want to look cheap, so try to defend their cheapness by brushing it off with a nasty comment.

Then they look cheap and nasty.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Oh, dear, it looks like the Skeevy Creep has fellow heartless bastards who don't want to help "save the children."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Whenever a cashier asks me if I'd like to make a donation I either donate or politely decline. There is no reason to pontificate your opinions on the matter. Do you honestly think anyone cares ?
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'm sorry, but the first thing that popped into my head was "Yeah, but old people should have planned better for their retirement."

Just say "No". Better yet, try "No, thank you". If you want to get creative, you can use "Not today, thanks". No explanation required. Really.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

My dad did something similar this week.

We were at a popular college store, and my dad is from a rival's town. Girl at the register asked nicely if we wanted to donate to the local college team's charity, and my dad promptly snarked off some comment about spending his money where it was more deserved.

I just about died on the spot. I told him to be nice, and as soon as he walked off, apologized profusely and made a donation myself.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I get these sometimes to, and it's to the point where I stop asking for donations after a couple of days.

Comment

You know what you should've done.

"Why would we give it to old people? Kids actually grow into tax-paying citizens, while old people have to stop working and begin doing almost nothing but take."

Okay, maybe not. But still, the look you'd have gotten!
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I try to donate whenever I can but sometimes I just don't have any extra money.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Have you ever wanted to say something like "Would you like to donate to the Old Vampires' Home?", just to see how they'd react...?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I like the charities that don't have people begging me for money.

The little jug at all the local Subways with the adorable fluffles puppies and kitties, well THAT makes me want to donate! At least animals look cute when they ask for stuff.

And I'm never big on money, if I can donate time or stuff I don't want that will benefit someone, that's better anyway. I could go to the Humane Association any time they are open and walk dogs or feed all the animals or even just play with them. If I ever get my own house with new furniture, I could donate all this old stuff to a local charity that finds homes for battered women, and they also take clothes and toys and games.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                        X