Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shh. My common sense is tingling. (long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shh. My common sense is tingling. (long, language)

To think it was such a good run of mostly-intelligent customers up until last night... And a point of note:

Me: Liquor, liquor everywhere, and it's against the law for me to get wasted on shift, goddamnit.
    T: The ever-awesome lesbian show-entrance door girl.
    SC: First mistake is either misunderstanding or being a dick. Every mistake after that is just being a dick.

(Scene: A group of four, three guys and one girl, pile out of a taxi halfway through the night. It's apparently they've been partying, but not so hard that I have to use the 'too drunk to drink here' line. They approach my door.)

Me: IDs?
    (I card the girl and two of the guys, while the third guy digs through his pockets. The girl and one of the guys is old enough, but the other guy isn't.)
    Me: Uh-oh. You two--
    (I gesture towards the two old enough to come in.)
    Me: --are cool, but he's not 21, so I can't let him in through this door. We've got a show going on tonight that's 18+, though, so if you guys wanna check it out...
    (The fourth SC hands me his ID while I'm talking, and he's old enough.)
    SC1 (Red Shirt): Aw, come on, man, how much I gotta pay you?
    Me: None. I'm naturally immune to bribery. I tell you what, though: if you guys head to the other door, I can get one of you in for free.
    SC2 (The girl): So, how long have you been working here?
    (Barfly uses Confuse!)
    Me: Three, almost four years now.
    (I can see the other SCs try to head towards the door.)
    Girl: They treat you good here?
    Red Shirt (to SC3, grey-and-black striped shirt): Alright, man, you have fun down here while we head upstairs.
    Me: Oh, yeah. The pay's fair, we've got a decent crowd most of the time, and I told you guys your friend's too young to go in.
    (It's not very effective!)
    Red Shirt: Well, where do we go, then?
    Me: Follow me.
    (I point towards T's door and thankfully, all four of the SCs follow me. I tell T their ages, and she double-checks them.)
    T: Since he's underage, he's gonna have to go upstairs.
    Red Shirt: Well, how much is it to go up?
    T: $5 for adults, $8 for minors.
    Me: T, I'm gonna go ahead and vouch for Red Shirt. Is that cool?
    (It would've been had all four of them not pulled debit cards out and tried to pay with them.)
    T: I can't take debit cards at this register. If you want, you can go in and pull money from the ATM.
    (All four of them look at her like her skin just turned fuschia. Then they try the debit cards again. )
    Me: We don't have a credit machine for this register, but if one of you wants to head into the bar to pull some money from the ATM, it's right across from the main entrance.
    (The four give us the hangdog look again... and try the cards one more time. )

I missed the rest of the episode due to me going back to my door to avoid losing my temper, but it ended with the group walking past my door, telling me, "Thanks anyway, man." and talking about going to one of the clubs further into downtown. No loss...

Bonus Story: Know Your Crowd

(Closing time. I caught one of our regulars trying to walk out with a beer, but this was one of the cool-as-hell ones.)

Regular: Shh! You didn't see nothing, okay?
    Me: I saw a cop driving past a couple minutes ago.
    Regular: Oh shit.
    (The regular starts to chug her beer.)
    Me: Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!
    Last edited by ZedOmega; 07-31-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: Bonus story!
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

"Me: Liquor, liquor everywhere, and it's against the law for me to get wasted on shift, goddamnit."
    Awesome take on that! XD
    "T: The ever-awesome lesbian show-entrance door girl.
    SC: First mistake is either misunderstanding or being a dick. Every mistake after that is just being a dick."
    So, does this mean they're diametrically opposed?
    "SC1 (Red Shirt)"
    This means he gets shot first? Please?
    "Me: None. I'm naturally immune to bribery"
    Your ECL is higher than mine. Now I'm sad.
    At least they left without making a ridiculous scene. Well, more ridiculous than they already were. In your opinion, is contained idiocy better or worse than non-contained idiocy?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

hahaha http://commonsenserepublic.com/wp-co...s-tingling.jpg
      ic what u did thar

you would thing that groups like this would catch on after a while, but then again the special snowflakes are called that for a reason.
      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I don't know which is worse, the fact that you used Pokemon references, or the fact that I caught them.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          I don't know which is worse, the fact that you used Pokemon references, or the fact that I caught them.
          Seconded. I'm gonna go hide under a blanket now.
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            Remember, you've got to catch them all!
            CS evolution: Not all the apes evolved, some just learned how to shave.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
              Seconded. I'm gonna go hide under a blanket now.

Thirded. Embarrassment, I choose you! >_<
              Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                Thirded. Embarrassment, I choose you! >_<
                Fourthed... Sigh, I guess I'll have to go home and play some DSi now.
                There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                  (Barfly uses Confuse!)

(It's not very effective!)
                  The wild Barfly flees from battle!

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                  X