Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer would rather drink his coffee than watch the movie!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went to the old theatre where I worked at a long time ago (this theatre is with the same company I work for currently) which has 30 screens.
    They are actuallly taking a poll to see if customers would like the idea of converting 1 side of the theatre which has 13 screens into a restaruant bar, and yes, this means they would be serving alcohol. Great, there'll be some fun times ahead of us when this happens.
    Aside from customers getting more violent because alcohol can do this, just imagine how many people might their guts out and the poor ushers who have the pleasant task of cleaning it up. Movie theatres, let's just stick to and the drinks and food we already have. Ok restaraunt food is a good idea, but alcohol?
    How sad. I guess the United States economy must be that bad where businesses are being forced into crazy ideas like this. The movie theatres haven't served alcohol for decades, so why start now? Why? Maybe because of crybaby customers who kept pestering theatres to serve beer.
    What's next, alcohol vending machines? To be very honest, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Just have the person scan their driver's license in front of the little scanner to verify its not some under age teen.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
      And I didn't need to, because no one objected to me bringing in a water bottle (I'm pretty sure you can get water for free anyway).
      It may have been free and not an issue since you brought in your own container (obviously depending on the theatre). I went to a movie with a group of friends once. One of my friends needed to get some water -- I think it was because of some medication she was on -- but didn't have her own container. IIRC, she was charged full price because of needing a cup provided from the theatre. That seemed a little outrageous to me. I can understand charging something, since those cups cost money, but they certainly do not cost $4 per. Sadly, she had to pay it since she had no other option.

As for the OP, that's just idiocy. I thought the no outside food or drink was a very common rule for decades...certainly as long as I can remember. As another poster, I also admit to sometimes sneaking in a bottle of soda or juice or something, but if I were ever caught, I would dispose of it somehow, because I know what I'm doing is against policy. It would do no good to bitch and complain like a 3-year-old. I just don't understand people. I guess it's good I don't understand, though -- if I did, I might be among their ranks, and I sure as shit don't want that!
      "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        That must'a been a damn good cuppa joe if it's more entertaining than a movie. o.O
        I'm sure he'll enjoy hitting up Sbux for a nice, cheap cup of coffee...>_>

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
        We have several theaters here in San Antonio where you can not only bring in food, but wait staff takes your orders and brings you food and drink during the movie.. very cool.
        I THINK the Prytania here still does that.
        Your manager was smart not to cave in to blithering idiot coffee fiend SC.
        Sec, thir...ah to hell with it. KUDOS to both of you!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
          What's next, alcohol vending machines?
          Yes. They've just allowed these to go-up where I live. I don't get it; there's plenty of liquor stores; or why not let the grocery stores that host the machines just sell the alcohol themselves...ohhhh, wait, so the state can make money. Nevermind.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
            I just went to the old theatre where I worked at a long time ago (this theatre is with the same company I work for currently) which has 30 screens.
            They are actuallly taking a poll to see if customers would like the idea of converting 1 side of the theatre which has 13 screens into a restaruant bar, and yes, this means they would be serving alcohol. Great, there'll be some fun times ahead of us when this happens.
            Aside from customers getting more violent because alcohol can do this, just imagine how many people might their guts out and the poor ushers who have the pleasant task of cleaning it up. Movie theatres, let's just stick to and the drinks and food we already have. Ok restaraunt food is a good idea, but alcohol?
            Oh this is such a bad idea. You think teenagers fooling around sober in the back of the theater is bad.. imagine a bunch of drunk, horny adults. Not to mention, no one can hold their bladder as it is during a movie.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              *Nails Bunnyboy with a pillow*

I'm not that far in the archives yet! Don't spoil it!
              Hey now, that's (well when I put up the link) the most recent strip.

But damn she supposedly makes one mean Latte... wonder if it's a bee latte.

Comment

It depends on what movie he wanted to see. Unless it was Inception or Toy Story 3, or you were giving a reshowing of The Hurt Locker, I haven't seen a single movie this year that would be more exciting than a cup of coffee.
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Bowser, not all movie theaters that serve alcohol are as crazy as you think. Like a couple of people have mentioned, Alamo Drafthouse is full of win. I've never had a problem there with annoying people. They don't serve liquor and they don't allow kids under 18 without a parent so that helps. They also enforce a no talking/cell phones/texting policy. The food and drinks are expensive and the local one isn't super close, but I still go to avoid the annoying people that I see at the local theaters.

Comment

LSD.

(The only time your coffee is more entertaining than a movie, unless the movie is bad, and no I am NOT condoning drug use )

Comment

His coffee was more entertaining than the movie? He must have been going to see Twilight. *dodges various debris from fans*
                      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I've seen a few movies where a cup of coffee would have been better, and I don't like or drink coffee.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X