This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a proper course of action!

So, a guy is walking by with a shirt that says "I'm not the designated driver!" I walk up to him, and say:

Me: That shirt might not be within the park's standards of decency. Could you go to the nearest bathroom and turn it inside out?
    SC: Sure thing.

He's cordial enough, but 45 minutes later, shows up all pissed off.

SC: You really need to learn how to talk to fucking adults.
    Me: What seems to be the problem?
    SC: I went up to a security guard, and he said the shirt was okay. One of these days, you're going to do this sort of shit and get your ass beaten!
    Me: I was trying to ensure that kids aren't subjected to inappropriate T shirts.
    SC: You better watch your fucking back! I'm going to complain about you, and you better fucking watch yourself!

Later, lady comes up to my game, plays, wins without incident. Other people join up, I key the lady in as well as the other person. For some reason, the other person does not key right, so I have to tell them that the game doesn't count.

Me: Alright, this game doesn't count, we've had a--
    SC: OH HELL NO, DIS GAME CONT, WE WINNIN
    Me: When we keyed the--
    SC: BUT I WINNIN, SO NO THE FUCK YOU AIN'T
    Me: Please don't talk to me like--
    SC: IMA FUCKIN TALK TO YOU WHATEVER WAY I FUCKIN WANT WE AIN'T FUCKIN STARTIN OVER

So, the game finishes, she starts celebrating.

Me: That game didn't count, we had a keying error.
    SC: BUT I WON WHERE'S MY FUCKIN PRIZE
    Me: There was a glitch in the machinery, so we need to start over.
    SC: YO STUPID MOTHERFUCKIN ASS SHOULDNTA RANG IT IN WRONG

I ignore that and key up the new game. She wins again, trades up the first prize for choice, and stands by. She comes up to me a minute later.

SC: Could we trade this for another stuffed animal (all stuffed animals are 2nd win) and a cape (1st win)?
    Me: I can't do that, as the stuffed animals are 2 wins and the capes are 1. I'd have to take the animal and give you two capes.
    SC: FUCK YOU, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT
    Me: The customer is not right in cases where I would get fired.
    SC: YOU STUPID BITCH BETTER BE GIVING ME THE STUFFED ANIMAL AND CAPE. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D GET FIRED.
    Me: Because that's giving away a prize.
    SC: NO IT AIN'T IT'S A SMALLER STUFFED ANIMAL
    Me: The stuffed animals, all of them are two wins' worth. The cape is one win. You won twice, so giving you them both would be like giving you three wins' worth of prize on two wins. If you play again you can get them a cape.
    SC: AIGHT WE DOIN THAT

She lets her kid play against her sister's kids, and the kid doesn't roll the ball on the track, rather dropping it on the ground. The lady goes into a bitch fit.

SC (to kid, no older than 4): YOU STUPID ASS BITCH MOTHERFUCKER, ROLL THE FUCKIN BALL

Then, I kid you not, she SLAPS THE KID SQUARE INTO HIS FACE, knocking him off the bench and onto the ground. He starts crying, naturally, and she keeps on yelling at him.

SC: IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A STUPID BITCH, I WOULDNTA DONE THAT

So, she plays two more times, wins some more prizes, with a decidedly unfriendly demeanor against her the whole time. She leaves without any fanfare, but I wish there was a CPS number to call from our work phones. I mean, just... damn!

Tell me again, where does the line blur between learning discipline by dealing with problem customers and being harassed?
    http://www.pirikapirilala.tk

Check out my blog today!

Quoth octopi23 View Post
    Tell me again, where does the line blur between learning discipline by dealing with problem customers and being harassed?
    I'd say the second they start to curse at you.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Wow! You are a very tolerant person to let her talk to you like that, and for that I salute you But if it had been me, I would've called security and had them taken away. I'm pretty sure in no employee manual (or even a manager) does it say you have to stand there and let someone cuss you out like that.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        Wow! You are a very tolerant person to let her talk to you like that, and for that I salute you But if it had been me, I would've called security and had them taken away. I'm pretty sure in no employee manual (or even a manager) does it say you have to stand there and let someone cuss you out like that.
        It gets better! They do complain, and I get a 45 minute talking to from my supervisor.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

No, forget that non-sense! The moment she hit her child and you have witnesses you should have had her removed! I'm livid that a person would hurt their child over something as ridiculous as a fracking game! You should have called security and be damned how much you embarrass that woman. Grrrrrrr.....

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the problem you had with the first SC's shirt, but his reaction afterward was way out of line. He actually wasted time hunting you down just to cuss you out? Dude, just enjoy the fun time.

As for the woman with the kids...Sticky situation, that one. If you had had her removed for hitting her kid, I guarantee the kid would have suffered for it when they left the park. On the other hand, the kid is going to suffer no matter what you do or don't do.
            Last edited by Dips; 08-10-2010, 11:31 PM. Reason: removed fratching comment
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

..... SHE SLAPPED HER FOUR YEAR OLD FOR NOT PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT?!

See it's hearing stuff like that that makes me worry I will eventually go on a killing spree.

Quoth octopi23 View Post
              It gets better! They do complain, and I get a 45 minute talking to from my supervisor.
              WAIT! You got a 45 minute talking to about the guy with the T-shirt, or about the woman playing the game who slapped her child?

Because one of those cases makes your Supervisor an evil monster. While the T-shirt thing it just "Customer is always right BS"
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Based on the quote, it was the woman at the game who complained.

Absolute Fracking bitch who should have her kids taken away from her. Calling security would have been the right thing to do . . . and the cops.

Why o why is it that people think they have the right to abuse others (physically or verbally) just because they're pissed off?

People are not objects.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I assume the place you work for has some sort of HR dept, no? Call them.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

I'm not sure why that guy said that you need to learn to speak to adults. Did he overhear you talking to one?

Comment

Unbelievable! She belts her kid because of a game?? Makes you wonder what that kid's home life is like. Can't be good.

The T-shirt....Hmm. I've seen worse, but geez...wasn't worth the guy flipping out and swearing at you. What a jerk.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Unbelievable! She belts her kid because of a game?? Makes you wonder what that kid's home life is like. Can't be good.

The T-shirt....Hmm. I've seen worse, but geez...wasn't worth the guy flipping out and swearing at you. What a jerk.
                        I've seen worse, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike...

A thumbs up with a caption below, reading "No STDs!"

A picture of a guy holding a cardboard cutout, with a caption reading "Ladies, this could be you!"

Homemade t shirts reading "For a good time, call <some number with a downtown area code>"

Two dogs on fire, with the caption "Hot Bitches!"

A dog, alongside a pile of poo, with the caption "Bitches Ain't Shit" (VISUAL PUNS WILL DIE)

A Facebook parody called Hatebook with a man flipping the bird

And several more.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

I'd be so pissed if my boss gave me a talking to after I was verbally abused by assholes all day!!! I agree with BaristaTrav, contact the HR and tell them the shit thats going on. Also, security should have been called.

Comment

That man, woman and your boss were all wwwwaaaay out of line! What was your boss' argument? That you should have given the woman what she wanted, when you'd probably then get in trouble for doing so, or the fact that you asked her not to speak to you that way???
                            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                            X