Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid has a good future as a football player.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid has a good future as a football player.

Technically I was on my lunch break during this incident, but the manager told me that since I was still in the store that my being off the clock at the time wouldn't matter.

I was walking from the books section towards the deli along the front of the checkout aisles ( to see if any of them had any different reading material in them) when this kid came running down one of them at full speed and slammed right into the front of me. Kid yells sorry, but runs off before I can even get my breath back. I'm still standing, but it did knock me back a couple steps and knock the wind out me. I looked around but I didn't see any adults that seemed to be with him. He wasn't a little kid either, he was maybe between 8-10 and a stockier build. My chest and right leg hurt afterwards so my coworker and manager told me to fill out an incident report just in case.

As a bonus, I mentioned my annoyance with the Blackberries in a previous post. Today it went off three times. First kid kinda bolted a few feet before coming back and telling me that he was just looking, repeatedly, the whole time i was trying to turn it off, which was honestly more amusing than anything else. Third kid though, kept playing with it when I came around
    me: Excuse me, please.
    sucky kid: (doesn't move away or let go of the Blackberry) Turn that off!
    me: I'm going to, I need to get at it.
    sk: (moves away finally) GOD! I HATE phones!
    me: That's not the phone, that's the alarm.
    sk: ...oh (walks away without saying anything else)

Nobody ever seems to be able to see the RED FLASHING LIGHT on the holders when the alarm goes off.

We really need a sign.
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Quoth raine_naoe View Post
    We really need a sign.
    Of course, because we all know SCs read and obey every sign.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Yes, I know. But I'd feel more justified in my annoyance at least. As it is, I can't really blame them for setting off the alarm, just for not realizing it.
      I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
        Of course, because we all know SCs read and obey every sign.
        It's not for them to read, it's to hit them over the head with.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
        X