This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brain hurts.

Okay, well first I'm happy. Mr. Hug is officially banned! He harassed the manager, front desk manager and our regional manager all in one day. Regional manager (Sometimes I could hug him) finally said, "Fuck it, but him on DNR and save yourselves the headache."

*squees happily*

Now, to the SC.

First..
    Phone calls: Round 1!
    Me: *spiel about thanking you and can I help?*
    Lady: "Do you have any rooms?"
    Me: "No ma'am, I'm sorry I don't. You might try Holiday Inn if you have to stay in town, otherwise, you'll have to go to *town 15 minutes away*
    Lady: "What the hell is going on there in *town*?"
    Me: "Well, ma'am, why are you coming here?"
    Lady: *click*

Had two cars come RACING through the parking lot (one almost hit mom). The guy, "Move bitch!"
    Other car: "Get out the way!"
    Me: "Watch out for the cop!"
    First guy: "That's not the lyric.."
    As they go by, a cop stops them. The cop, "How does one speeding ticket and one reckless driving fine for EACH of you sound?"
    Me: "I'm sorry, I'm sold out."
    Lady: "Well pull one out of your ass."
    Me: *niceness out the window* "As soon as you pull the stick out of yours.."

2 young girls at the door. One has a room, the other WANTS a room. I let the one with the room in, the other comes up to the desk. My braincells are now SCREAMING at me by the way..

Me: "how can I help you?"
    Girl: "Like.. I need like, a room."
    Me: *Say like one more time, and I may slap you* "I'm sorry I'm all sold out."
    Girl: "Like, you don't have any.. like put aside?"
    Me: "No. Sorry. All gone."
    Girl: "Like.. why?"
    Me: "Ma'am, they're gone cause people got them first. And please, try to stop saying like."
    Girl: "Like.. oh my.. you don't like.. like me?"
    *twitch.. twitch*

Oh and as a bonus for you all: I get a waffle batter & waffle maker, in the next month. Fun! So plenty of stories then. And, I get to piss off my FDM, because we have coffee cubes, and a coffee pot that sits on top of the coffee cubes I'm 'supposed to fill up if we're over half full.'
    Yeah.. well Regional Manager says: Stop filling it. So yeah! Now she actually has to get off her ASS and do some work. Muahahaha.

Oh yes I know the pain of the "why are you sold out" game. Usually with me I get the added "last year I had no troubble getting a room". The only reply I can think to give is that their are more people traveling which of course leads to "well why are so many people traveling". There is no way to win this game.

Comment

LOL "Last year we weren't as busy.. this year we are!"

Comment

Quoth Hellzar View Post
        Oh yes I know the pain of the "why are you sold out" game. Usually with me I get the added "last year I had no troubble getting a room". The only reply I can think to give is that their are more people traveling which of course leads to "well why are so many people traveling". There is no way to win this game.
        Not until an effective form of time travel is invented, no.

It's the same in the store. 'I came in last week, and you had loads.' 'Well I know you used to have them'. 'I saw a blue one in here a couple of days ago but I can't find it now.'

We sell things. That's what we do. Having sold them, they are now gone.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Instead of time travel, I think somebody needs to perfect the "Common Sense" machine. Every time somebody enters gets within 100 ft of a place of business, they get zapped..only wait that doesn't help phone calls...anyhow they get zapped with the ray and actually have common sense. Hey..I can dream right?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mytical, can I keep you? I <3 you.

Comment

The current holder of my leash might have something to say about that.

Thank you, just made my day
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*snaps fingers* Darn.. can I least borrow you? I wanna hug ya for keeping me company!
                And welcome Glad I could do something good!

OHH! And the girl saying LIKE so much, made me think of Gravekeeper:
                [4:56:33 AM] However, I tend to prefer women that do not shop at Please Mum for their summer clothing and do not use the word “Like” as a form of punctuation.
                So least we know, there's one less in the running for our GK :P

Comment

Awesome post!

Tonight, I sold my last room at about 3:30am. Around 4am, guy & girl pull up in a taxi. They get out of the cab and send it off, then walk into my lobby and ask for a room. I explain we're sold out.

Guy's screamed response: "You guys fucking suck! You need to get a sold-out sign!"

"Yeah," I reply, "If only we had some sort of giant, flashing, bright red neon sign that says 'no vacancy' just like that one." [Points to sign which is impossible to miss unless you're an idiot]

Guy's witty rejoinder as he stomps out "Fuck you!"

A few minutes later he sends his gf in to meekly ask me to call a cab for them.
                  Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

That cop rocks.

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                    I think my response would have been something along the lines of: "If I could do as you suggested, would you really want to sleep in that room, considering where it came from?"

Yours ended the call much faster than mine would have, though.
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      It's the same in the store. 'I came in last week, and you had loads.' 'Well I know you used to have them'. 'I saw a blue one in here a couple of days ago but I can't find it now.'

We sell things. That's what we do. Having sold them, they are now gone.
                      my personal favorite version of this is "but you had pretzels last week!"
                      "ma'am, this is a cookie store; we've never had pretzels."
                      "oh you must be new"
                      "...i've worked here for 3 years."
                      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                      ^_^

Comment

First..
                        Me: "No ma'am, I'm sorry I don't. You might try Holiday Inn if you have to stay in town, otherwise, you'll have to go to *town 15 minutes away*
                        Me: "I'm sorry, I'm sold out."
                        Brilliantly handled on both! We've been selling out lately and I've been getting asked if there's something going on in town. It seems to satisfy them when I tell them it's because of vacation travelers.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Hero: I've tried saying more people are taking their vacations before kids go back to school.. it doesn't work. LOL

Comment

It's better than them asking if they can stay in the employee room (some smaller hotels around here have one for overnight employees). I was waiting for a reservation once and heard that question. The employees response, "Sorry ma'am, but I doubt my wife would enjoy you sleeping in our room"
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

"Dipwad of the Year Competition. If you hurry you can still enter."
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X