Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I slam my head into the wall repeatedly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I slam my head into the wall repeatedly.

Ugh....I was extremely stressed today due to a non-work related issue (that has since been taken care of), so it didn't take a lot to get me worked up.

First of all, the proper way to get my attention is to approach me and politely ask for assistance. Appearing out of nowhere and shouting a question - startling me in the process - is not the right way.

Second, when I walk you right to the product you are looking for and point it out to you, do not tell me you are all set, then come back and say that's not what you wanted. Guy was looking for coin envelopes, which I showed him (despite his utter inability to explain what he wanted in any more precise terms than "small envelopes"). He said he was all set, then came back a minute later and said "they weren't there." I told him that I didn't have any other envelopes so if he didn't find what he needed I don't have it. He wandered back over to the envelopes, then said "oh this is them" and picked up the very same package I'd already shown him.

Third, this is an office supply store, not a fabric store. When you come in here and tell one of my cashiers that you need an iron-on patch for your pants, and both she and myself tell you that we dont' carry that sort of thing, do not tell us "you don't understand what I'm asking" and proceed to explain the concept of an iron-on patch. It only makes you look like even more of a tool. WE ARE NOT A FABRIC STORE!!!

Me: Sir, there's a Michael's two doors down from us, they should have those.

SC: But that's a flower shop!

Me: No, sir, it's a fabric and crafts shop.

SC: Where are they??

ME: In this same plaza, two doors down.

SC: To the left or right?

( we are the last store in the plaza. Going right will take you into the woods and to the apartment complex next door, dumbass).

Me: The left.

One more day, then two days off, thank God....
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

( we are the last store in the plaza. Going right will take you into the woods and to the apartment complex next door, dumbass)..
    You shoudve said right. You mightve seen him in a few weeks, still searching for the damn patch, dirty as hell with twigs coming out of his hair.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      You shoudve said right. You mightve seen him in a few weeks, still searching for the damn patch, dirty as hell with twigs coming out of his hair.

Rule #1...thanks, I'll email you my address so you can send me a new keyboard.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

FYI... Michaels doesn't sell fabric.

Comment

Really? It's been a while since I was in there....

Regardless though, they're a hell of a lot more likely to have what he needs than us. Not that it would make a difference; he'll probably wander all the way down the gym which is further down past Michael's and walk in demanding a patch, and that the Bent Staple guy told him he could get one here.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Cretin75 View Post
            FYI... Michaels doesn't sell fabric.
            No, but they do have Iron Patches. Decorated ones mind you, but they'll cover up a hole.

Try having someone asking for fabric and then telling you that your suggestion of JoAnns is "...so retarded. They only have crafts and sewing crap. GAWD you are such an r-tard."

To which I replied "Well that was the only place that I thought might have had fabric. I'm just a guy so I'm not up to speed on fabrics or sewing." and left them to try and figure out where to get a bolt of red linen.

FYI? I sew my own garb in the SCA.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I've work (ed) at both hell holes...

Comment

Working...
              X