X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is "They"?

Who is "They?"

Am I the only one who has to ask this question (or a modified version) a good dozen times a day? SCs that start a conversation with a request from a mysterious "They" or tell you that you are wrong because some "they" said so

ex

SC: Thats not what They said...

or

SC They told me I needed to call you....

etc etc etc

who is THEY???

these mysterious "They"s and "Them"s are making my job so much more difficult. One of these days I'm gonna find one of these Theys...

Well, I often get "I talked to someone else there and they told me..."

It's usually something that I know no one I work with would say, and that's taking into account the 1 or 2 ding-dongs that do occasionally say things they shouldn't.

My favorite is the "my brother told me" or "my friend said." Usually what comes after is a complaint, in a nasty tone: "My brother told me my ad's not in the paper!! Snark snark snark..." And of course, when I check on it, it's right there.

They rarely apologize.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

'They' are also related to that mysterious 'Someone' who did something. We have several 'someones' in our office and they're quite annoying.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

today i had this from a customer "yeah but Pam said........."

well, I don't know who Pam is, but she sure doesn't know how to read an authorisation report, if what you say is true, because everything she told you she was reading off it, was wrong!
        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

"They" is a top secret government group, whose sole purpose is to spread lies and confusion.
          "Them" is a different group, that goes around doing things because "They" told "Them" to.

Hope this helps
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

"You know, They!"

"Yeah! They're... they're bastards!"
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
              "They" is a top secret government group, whose sole purpose is to spread lies and confusion.
              "Them" is a different group, that goes around doing things because "They" told "Them" to.

Hope this helps
              I thought "Them" were giant ants....

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                Only on Thursdays
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                  No...
                  G L O R I A
                  Gloria!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, I've had many in the past who did that. I still have customers like that now every now and then. Usually getting them to tell me who "they" is is like pulling teeth.

SC: "The girl upstairs" or "one of the managers"
                    Me: "What did they look like?" (so that I can call that manager and confirm things)
                    SC: "I don't know" or "I don't remember."

Of course you don't know/remember, you're making it up.

Gaaaahhhhhh.
                    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Are They related to the Family Circus's "Not me", "Ida Know", "Nobody", "O. Yeah!", and "Just B. Cause"?
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Gah!

There's nothing worse than working grave shift in the call center and hearing the mysterious 'they' referred to constantly.

I asked a couple of them this weekend (lightheartedly) 'who is THEY?'

I'm lucky both of them were pretty laid back and explained. I was definitely skirting the line a bit there...but holy shit, it gets annoying.

The only thing more annoying to me is the 'you people' comments.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

There used to be a really great little daily comic strip called '9 Chickweed Lane.' Don't know if it's still around anymore: I've spent a lot of the past few years overseas. Anyway, in one of the strips, the lead female character was in a Government building, and stumbled upon the "Office of 'They'," and went in, out of curiosity.

It turned out that this office was the source of all actions that made people say: "Well, they said..."
                          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I was a "they" person the other day.

However, in my case I had a receipt with the person's name on it, and she was working, and she recognized me when I said "it was the girl at the desk to the far left" because I'm terrible with names.

Comment

My wife says "they" are the Van Patten family...
                              Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Working...
                              X