This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go buddy

In another thread I mentioned my boss getting mad at someone for not listening to me, and it brought to mind this story.Here

On a job we were doing there was an area that no one had bothered to dimension. We kept asking for it, and were being ignored.

Until we pointed out that without this info we couldn't deliver. So they finally get us the information, on a Tuesday morning.

I thank them (via e-mail) and they write back saying they expect delivery on Wednesday.

So I called them and asked how I was supposed to make the product and deliver the next day (we're talking about 3 days of production if we ran at full capacity).

He told me he didn't understand the problem, we should deliver tomorrow.

I told him in nicer terms to blow it out his ass.

A few minutes later he calls back, and he wants to talk to my boss. Well he's away so I ask if he wants to talk to the owner. Yes he does.

Me "I'll go get him, but you're going to wish you had stayed talking to me"

See, this particular customer owed us money, well over $100k, and the owner was in no mood to be nice, especially when being asked to essentially pull a rabbit out of his ass.

So the owner told this guy not only would he not get his product tomorrow, he wasn't getting it at all until we were paid.

(Told him he should have stayed talking to me).

My boss started talking to other subs/vendors and they weren't being paid either, so they refused to work on the job any longer.

Finally the customer's boss got involved, he apologized saying "we don't work like this" my boss told him "I got news for you, you have been and everyone's pissed off"

We got some cash and the job started back up.

The idiot who wouldn't listen to me was basically told he wasn't allowed to talk to us anymore, but kept his job as far as I know, but we still refuse to do work for that company.

Don't you love it when they push to the point of actually pissing someone off enough to stop them? It's great, really.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I kinda like your boss.

And may I say...100K?!?! As in dollars?!? Yipe, I'd be pretty pissed, too.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        And may I say...100K?!?! As in dollars?!?
        Nope. As in eggs.
        Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
          Nope. As in eggs.
          He'd better find some chickens then, because he's going to be needing them....
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I kinda like your boss.
            For things like that he's great. I know he's the hammer.

However, he's the same way with his employees... But that's another thread

And may I say...100K?!?! As in dollars?!? Yipe, I'd be pretty pissed, too.
            Yeah, $100,000.00 US dollars. We were up to the 3rd or 4th floor I believe, and we hadn't been paid for any of the previous floors, or for engineering, so about 3, maybe 4 invoices had essentially been ignored.

Comment

Working...
            X