This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of drunks and deafness

got majorily slammed tonight (hmmm not even raining or hailing or whatever just hot and humid)

I just luv drunks (scarcasm)

I did not take this order but had to deal with the "aftermath".

about 10:45pm wasted/drunk woman (WW hereafter) calls for a carryout (important later). WW tells the server specifically that she wants CARROUT (Ya know you order and come to the store to pick it up) WW tells the server specifically that her boyfriend will be driving there ande picking up the order. WW proceeds to make an order. then proceeds to change said order 3 different times over the course of 5 minutes or so. server confirms with WW that this is indeed a carryout. Sever give them the total and tells WW the order will be ready in 20 minutes. order gets made and put in our hot box to await the arrival of WW's boyfriend.

around 11:45pm a call comes in and the GM answer the phone. It is some person claiming they had ordered delivery over an hour ago and it has not arrived. now we were not that busy at the time. GM asks the caller for their address and phone number. GM looks on the POS and finds no order for the given phone number OR address. the address IS within our delivery area. GM is NOT sure what is going on. he tells the caller we have no such order and asks if they could have called another pizza place. NO WE CALLED <PIZZA> place (which is us) FOR DELIVERY. GM says no order for that address. caller hangs up

5 minutes later the phone rings and I answer. on the other end is a VERY drnk woman (WW but I did not know that at the time) who wants to place a CARRYOUT order. I proceed to try and get a phone number (which was difficult at best). then try and get her order which keeps changing. the GM is listening to the order that I finally read back to her. he notices that the order is VERY familiar and goes over to the carry out area and grabs a ticket. he asks me if the order I am about to put in is similiar to old order at carryout. ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER. I ask (now that I know) WW if they placed a CARRYOUT order about an hour ago. YES THEY DID BUT it was "supposed" to be for deliver (NOPE)

OH THEY WANTED DELIVERY??????????. OK I get their address and change the order to delivery and I get to run this loser their food.

I get to the asdress and WW is stumbling DRUNK (I wonder what her boyfriend's condition was if SHE was that fucked up)

Naturally I get straight stiffed

LISTEN to what we tell you

this one borders on sucky but still

I get a distance run to the local getto section8 apts. I recognize the address (ahh yes another stiffer one of many tonight). I arrive with plenty of time left on the clock. the guy is outside waiting for his cheesey goodness. the ensuing conversation takes place

me - your happless broke delivery guy
    MD - Mr. Deaf

me - you ordered blah bolah and your total is $12.92
    MD - WHAT???? the person on the phone told me my total was $11.20.
    me - we4ll I am sorry but your total is $12.92. (proceeds to show him the ticket with the total amount with tax and delivery conveience fee)
    MD - WELL I WAS TOLD the total was $11.20.
    me - well that is not really possible. cause her is the cost of the pizza ($10), tax ($.67) and the delivery charge ($2.25) for a total of $12.92

****** Now I will say that all of us who anwer the phones have it beaten into our heads that we MUST give the customer 12 things at the end of the order 10 the CORRECT total of the order by saying something to the effect "YOUR total with tax asnd delivery charge is $xx.xx and your order whould be there by XX:XX" this must be made clear to the customer

MD - mumble mumble and storms back into his apt. comes back out and basically throw more money at me.

I give him his pizza and just GTFO. AHHH YES another straight stiff

when I got back to the store I asked the person who took the order WTF?? they said they DID give him the correct total and told him the order would arrive by ..................

11:20PM
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

My guess is that WW thought "for carryout" means you carry it out to her. Too much booze will do that for you.

The second guy....just wasn't paying attention to the person who took their order. What a surprise, eh?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ugh.. I know your pain.. all to well. There is no human species lower than those who refuse to tip. What really killed me during my 4 long years as deliver slave were the people (usually secretary or office-types) who would be syrupy sweet, chatty, happy as can be.. then straight stiff you.

At least be consistent. Make me hate you then live up to my newly-bred hate by staying in character and not tipping. Don't try to befriend me to set me up for that fall.
      I will never go to school!

Comment

I get to the asdress and WW is stumbling DRUNK (I wonder what her boyfriend's condition was if SHE was that fucked up)
        I don't really understand this part. Are you assuming that the boyfriend was even more drunk than she was?
        Then, by goodness, I am thankful that he didn't actually try to drive to your pizza place!

Comment

I actually was a SC once. Ordered online, gave the wrong address by accident (work, I was at home), took me a while to realize my mistake, turns out I was in the wrong delivery area. His manager forced him to do the delivery anyway. I did my best to be sympathetic, and tipped him well, so I like to think it all worked out.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            when I got back to the store I asked the person who took the order WTF?? they said they DID give him the correct total and told him the order would arrive by ..................

11:20PM
            I'm surprised he didn't complain that his order wasn't there by 12:92 PM
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
            X