This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    this thread brings me to tears everytime i open it. I love my animals more than anything.

they may be assholes 99% of the time

but when mama is hurt they know. I dont even have to cry, they come over and lay on me.

my babies.
    They are lucky to have you as their mama
    Thank you to all of you who care for your animals and treat them with the love they need.
    Can't believe this would make me cry, but I miss my Sabuu...and I miss cuddling with Spiggit before he was banished to outside.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

stupid spoiled brats eat better than I do.

do they get ramen? No.

Fuckers.

My pet meds quetsion stands.

totally not crying and snuggling a cat right now. shut up dont look at me.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I love my Maggie. Sometimes I feel like she's my only friend.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          My pet meds quetsion stands.
          Call your local animal shelters and ask them about low-cost clinics. Google "low cost animal wellness clinic" for your area and check the phone book, too. Call around and check on the average price for stuff like antibiotics, pain meds, or whatever med your vet says your kitty needs. Talk to them about discounts for low-income pet owners (you may have to prove it with your last tax forms, but you might feel it's worth the embarrassment for your kitties' sake). The vet I'm going to now only charges about $15 per prescription, for just about any prescription. Animal loving vets know that times are tough, and they don't want to see animals suffer needlessly just because they're low on funds.

As for cats coming running for wet food: I think I'm going to name my next cat "Nununununununun". Cat's may not answer to their names, but they always answer to the sound of a can opener.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            As for cats coming running for wet food: I think I'm going to name my next cat "Nununununununun". Cat's may not answer to their names, but they always answer to the sound of a can opener.
            Sully only responds to "pig"

or "fat pig"

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
              My cat Poo Poo had surgery once for eating a string off of our mattress. Now she has feline asthma. My other cat Momma has megacolon, and she's been to the emergency vet a few times in the last year for pretty much throwing up poop. But it's my job to take care of them, and figure out how to pay for it.

It looks like you may have gotten the names mixed up...

Comment

*runs to cuddle the fuzzies* Bad bad people! I know I have gotten myself into debt for my fuzzies before... and I would do it again. I loves them
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  sadly, in my experiences as a vet tech, it was the small dogs that were the biters,
                  I think small dogs sometimes are worse because people don't take the time to train them properly. A big dog needs to be trained or you can't control them; little ones you can just pick up or push aside (or so people think). And it's so much "cuter" when they do stuff you wouldn't want to have to deal with in a bigger breed.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  I spent 250$ to have an abscess punctured when, apparently, my cat would have taken care of it himself just fine. Whatever, the 250$ was worth the dirty looks i got while he wore his cone for 2 weeks.
                  My first cat had that a couple times, on his cheek. He was an indoor/outdoor cat (he was a stray when he showed up in the driveway - he sure picked the right house) and he would get in fights with other neighborhood cats. It was gross but he never had a cone. Once I picked him up from the vet, and he cried the whole way home in the carrier, and when I opened it in the living room he staggered out like a furry little drunk.

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  She had a suntan from lying on her back.
                  Pablo got speckled when he spent a lot of time outside (he liked to hang out in a sunny spot on the deck). It was more of a gray than a tan. Mostly his temples because the fur was especially thin there (short-haired Chihuahua). The day he died he had been having seizures all day; his heart rate and blood sugar were really low and they kept giving him dextrose and it wasn't helping. The vet's best guess, without doing a ton of tests (couldn't keep him stable long enough to get to that point, even if we decided it was worth the money), was a tumor on his pancreas that was producing extra insulin. Ex got a sympathy card from both the emergency hospital where he was put to sleep and from his regular vet.
                  Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-21-2010, 07:56 PM. Reason: apostrophes are good
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You guys make me wanna snuggle my large 50 lb puppy..hard I get sad thinking about what Im going to do if/when something happens to Charli. I would work overtime, sell my ass..ANYTHING to get the $$ I needed to get her the care that was necessary.

I cant have cats b/c my hubby is allergic, but I would sooo love one.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      (he liked to hang out in a sunny spot on the deck).
                      Inspired myself to change my avatar...may I present: Pablo hanging out in a sunny spot on the deck!

I'd go to my parents' house and snuggle the cats but they don't like that too much. Snuggling only happens on their terms. (Girly likes to tap me on the shoulder while I'm sitting at the computer, though. Just to say, "Hi, I'm still here," I guess. It's nice, since she's so quiet and spends most of her time hiding in the bedroom.)
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

I cant have cats b/c my hubby is allergic, but I would sooo love one.
                        There are hypoallergenic cats.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          There are hypoallergenic cats.
                          Are they hairless?

Comment

yes, those are hairless (well, except for the whiskers), but they are a purebred.

i love my babies, too; my little man will be 13 in oct and he's still going strong.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                            X