Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes your Madden 10 is only worth $2.50 now...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes your Madden 10 is only worth $2.50 now...

So Madden 11 came out this week and I've come across plenty of customers who want to rip me a new one because Madden 10, last year's edition of the game, currently only trades in for 2.50 (Game sells for $25).

Yes I know that means we're giving you practically nothing for your game even though it's only a year old. Yes I know you feel ripped off. No I can't do anything about it.

I have been cussed at, yelled at and bitched at because we are only offering pennies for Madden 10 right now.

Understand something here people, once the new version of a sports game comes out, the prior year's version takes a huge drop in value. Having said that, $2.50 is a pretty low trade in for Madden 10.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Were they expecting you to give them the new game in exchange for the old one? I mean, waiting for the sequel to trade in the old is pretty ridiculous.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Tell them to take it up with EA since they insist on revamping the same formula year in and out instead of having an xbox live update for new rosters.

Granted they wouldnt make any cash that way but hey one can dream right?
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

I always assumed that as soon as a new edition of any sports game comes out the older versions practically became worthless in trade in value? Hmm.. must just be me...
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Since EA has the license from the NFL they technically have a near monolopy on sports games. So afew venting customers doing trade-ins won't really affect them.

Comment

I personally have never understood the Madden hype.

The SC's should just keep the game anyways since they're getting the same thing except with an 11 instead of a 10.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

The SC's should just keep the game anyways since they're getting the same thing except with an 11 instead of a 10.
              With the new game you get updated rosters. For the hard core Madden player this is everything. There are, also, tweeks to the game to, hopefully, make the game play better.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Uhm, this concept applies to anything that has a new version come out. If you want any value for your widget 1.0, you need to sell it or trade it *before* widget 2.0 (or even widget 1.1) comes out. Why can't people figure this out?
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Personally, this is why I never liked sports games of this calibur. A new one comes out EVERY YEAR. I mean, when you walk into a video game store, what do you see most often in the bargin bin? Sports titles.

But I digress, what OP needs is a sign of some sorts that says 'Don't bitch to cashier, bitch to corporate' Or something along those lines. So all he needs to do is point at it when tempers rise.

But we all know that SC's don't read, so I don't think it would catch on.
                  Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                    With the new game you get updated rosters. For the hard core Madden player this is everything. There are, also, tweeks to the game to, hopefully, make the game play better.
                    Emphasized that for you, considering EA's release policy.

(AKA put it out on <insert date> in however condition it is and patch later. Red Alert 3 suffered heavily from this policy.)
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

This is why I always trade in my copy of NHL a few weeks before the new one comes out.
                      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Me neither. Tecmo Super Bowl for me!

Then again, I was never anything more than a casual gamer. Also I never could get the hang of the controls for the more advanced games like Madden. Seriously, they were like "Push A,B,B,A Up, Left, Left, X to make the quarterback throw a forward pass. Push B,A,X,Start,Right,A to make the receiver jump in the air. To make the receiver actually catch the pass thrown to him, press Select, X,X,Y,A,B,Left,B,Down, rotate the joystick three times counterclockwise and then twice clockwise."
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In general, you get ripped off when trading in games anyway. They pay you a few bucks (if you're lucky) and then resell it for nearly full price (in some cases, MORE than it costs new!)...

Comment

But, you have to remember, that the shop is in it to make a profit.

...and it's not just the game stores either. Some of you know that I mess around with model trains. Down over the hill, there's a hobby shop that deals in used equipment. That shop has a well-deserved reputation for trying to rip people off. No matter how expensive (or rare) an item is, they'll always try to low-ball the seller...and then will mark up the item quite a bit. I don't sell them any of my stuff. Ebay is a better bet

Occasionally though, you can use their cheapness to your advantage. Especially if you know what the item is really worth. Last year, I scored a rather nice (and long out of production) 1930s Bugatti T35 kit. Imagine my surprise, when I see that the kit was only $15. Granted, it had been "started," and was "missing pieces." Of course, once I got it home, and worked on it...I saw that it wasn't missing anything. I'm still laughing, all the way to the bank--an *original* issue of that kit usually goes for nearly $100
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X