This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiss my grits.

So I'm working again. Ordinary Saturday, or so you'd think.

A mother who looks about 50 and her daughter who looks about 20ish, come through my line.

She had beer, which I scanned. So I ask for the daughter's ID too. Recently someone was busted selling to an underage customer, so we've all been more strict about carding. It's one of the FEW issues that Malmart will let you be strict about and back you as a cashier about.

This sets her off. "But it's my beer! You can't tell me that if she was 17 I couldn't buy it! And you can kiss my grits...blargleblargle..."

It's stuff like this that makes me very glad I plan to move out of the South soon.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Proper response: "Flo, under state law for the sale of liquor, I would be required to refuse the sale if your daughter were underage".

Where did I get the SC's name? In the '70s, there was a sitcom (Alice) set in a diner, and one waitress (named Flo) had the signature line "Kiss my grits". Flo was spun off into her own series at one point.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yes, that's right. The show starred Linda Laven.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        "But it's my beer! You can't tell me that if she was 17 I couldn't buy it! And you can kiss my grits...blargleblargle..."
        Yeah, actually, you can. Thats the law. How hard is it to wander off? In my underage drinking days, when it was time to check out I just went and looked at magazines. Never had a problem (don't drink underage, its bad for you).
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          Yes, that's right. The show starred Linda Laven.
          I remember that show, as well as the "Flo" spinoff (it was set back in Flo's hometown of Cowtown, Texas where she ran a bar, IRRC.)

Both were good shows . . . . and I probably watched too much tv as a kid. Could be why I'm so warped.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

So, serious question here...

If I'm buying alcohol and I have my ten year old son with me.....Hows that go? He obviously cant be of age and wont be able to be ID'd. Whats the cut off age where you start asking the kid for ID when they are with the parent?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              So, serious question here...

If I'm buying alcohol and I have my ten year old son with me.....Hows that go? He obviously cant be of age and wont be able to be ID'd. Whats the cut off age where you start asking the kid for ID when they are with the parent?
              When they look old enough to cause trouble. I'd say if they look over 14. Its discretionary, mostly. If an adult is buying with a 17 year old, I'd decline the sale. You don't know that person is actually the 17 year olds mother/sister/whatever.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
              X