Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't want to do it, but didn't want me to, either!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't want to do it, but didn't want me to, either!

Last week I was on one of the express lanes on the food side. There are four lanes in rows of two. My buddy whom I shall call Hurley was up on a front one and I was on the one behind him. In a lull between customers, I look up and notice Hurley's bag carousel is overflowing with groceries and he really doesn't have any room to continue bagging his customer's order.

Strike 1: Bringing a shitload of items through speedy checkout.

SC, meanwhile, is standing at his counter, leaning on her cart with a vacant expression. I stroll over and start loading the bags into her cart and greet her with my typical perky "Hi, how are you today?" She looks at me like I'm crap on her shoe, sighs dramatically and grumbles "Ugh, I'm fine." I kept on taking the bag's from Hurley's carousel and loading them into the cart, and after a few minutes she hisses "I can be doing that, you know!" Oh geez. Fine then. I backed away slowly and let her take over, though she acted like it was torture.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
    "I can be doing that, you know!"
    Then why the hell aren't you?!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X